Quick question before I update to 1.1...

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by velocity92c, Jun 1, 2010.

1. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

Total noob here, took me forever to figure out how to even install a custom rom, lol. One of the MAJOR downsides to me was losing all my text messages. I don't mind redownloading apps and such and I know there are backup tools but as I said I'm a complete noob and the backup tools process was confusing fro me.

If I upgrade to 1.1 without wiping my data, will my text messages and such stay intact?
  2. RobStemen

RobStemen New Member

Yes. You will not lose anything if you choose not to wipe data. If you get a boot loop, however, that would be the first think I'd do to fix it is wipe data. Get a free app in the market called Titanium Backup and back everything up for those EXACT kinds of situations.
  3. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

Thanks for the reply. It's installing now. I'm interested in using one of the kernels, and the FAQ is not loading. Can you or someone explain to me how to install a kernel?
  4. RobStemen

RobStemen New Member

If you're using one of the OP ones, it's as easy as installing an update.zip. In fact, that's all it is. You just install it as an update.zip.
  5. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

Thanks again for the reply. I went ahead and installed the 1.0ghz kernel and then bugless beast. I installed both by copying the zip file over and renaming it update.zip. Now when I boot up my phone nothing loads but the background and the bar at the top (the one you can slide down). What have I done wrong?
  6. Phxphenom

Phxphenom New Member

Not surte if this will fix your problem but for whatever reason, when I updated the files to update.zip, they were actually renamed update.zip.zip. You may want to check the file properties to ensure you didn't make the same mistake I did....
  7. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

if you installed in that order then you did nothing, you have to install the overclock kernel after the rom chief.

sounds like its time to wipe and reinstall. First rom then overclock kernel.
  8. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

I installed in this order; rom > kernel > theme (smoked glass). all were correctly named update.zip (not update.zip.zip)