1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Quick question about wipe/reset.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Lotek, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Lotek

Lotek New Member

I bought a droid from some guy through craigslist and he said he rooted the phone. he explained a little about that to me and I researched since I bought the phone. Now when i boot up holding x and power, the menu I get looks like this-

ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4

reboot now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    intsall zip from sdcard
    nandroid
    partition menu
    advanced

Now what do I select to completey get rid of anything that rooted the phone because right now the dedicated camera button controls music player :mad:. I think I have done enough research to where I shouldn't be flamed for asking a "noob" question. So a helpful reply is greatly appreciated.
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

We really try not to flame anyone:)

You may have software on your phone that is called Rom Manager. If so you can use that to flash a stock rom, putting your phone back to its original stock rom, but I think you still will have this Clockwork recovery app on instead of the stock one.

Post three in my signature is a link to installing RSD Lite. In that first post are instructions to reflash the entire phone to Android 2.01. The phone will then automatically update to 2.1 the official version currently released. You don't have to do all the steps in that first post, only install rsd lite and flash the single file to get back to stock. Good luck, and welcome to the forums.
  3. Lotek

Lotek New Member

Thank you I will check that out to see if it works
Search tags for this page

will wiping get rid of clockworkmod backups

wipe data factory reset clockworkmod s2