1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

quick question about usb CHARGER port for RAZR

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by jaye712, Oct 10, 2012.

1. jaye712

jaye712 New Member

So,i snaped in a itouch usb plug into the razr charger port n it fits(someone stole that ipod piece,smh)..but is it safe or would it burn it?

RAZR215unrooted
  2. MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets New Member

I have seen on several sites/forums where people have had many varied problems with using "non standard" charger and or cables with their Razr.
    With that being said, if it is charging, you are probably safe using it.
  3. jaye712

jaye712 New Member

Hmm..ok..i wonder if anyone ever tryed it with a ipod touch charger n had issues with it..ill give it a go but not too much,if anything i mite have to swap out a extra charger i got with my replacement months ago, will see..thanks M.G

RAZR215unrooted
  4. doniago

doniago Member

If you've still got your original charger you could always try to compare the numbers as well.
  5. jaye712

jaye712 New Member

What chu meen?u meen the itouch n razr chargin together with the razr piece?or u meen my razr chargers?iam guessin yes,With that bein said,it should wrk the same .both my chargers r original frm verizon,i dnt trust the bckup ones frm walmart (for example)..imma jst give it a go n hope the itouch usb charger doesn't burn my razr charger or phone up..i can only hope for the best LOL

RAZR215unrooted
  6. Gary Stockdale

Gary Stockdale New Member

I've noticed that when I use a standard mini-USB charger, like the one provided with the RAZR MAXX, the phone is very glitchy, screen problems, Swype problems, when I use it while it is plugged in. As soon as I unplug the charger, the problems go away. It doesn't seem to be damaging the phone at all, and it charges just fine on the generic charger, but is there a difference between the original charger sent with the RAZR MAXX (which I can no longer find) and any garden-variety mini-USB charger?
Search tags for this page

change out charging port droid razr m

does a razr droid use a mini usb for a charger?

droid maxx charging port loose

droid raz naxx port replacement

droid razr charger port problems

droid razr maxx charging port

instructions for replacing the droid razer maxx charging por

motorola razr maxx charging port replacement

motorola v3 charger safe for regular mini usb ports

razor charger port

razr maxx charger port problem

replace charging port droid razr maxx

replace usb port droid razr maxx

what type of charging port does the droid razr have?