quick question about usb CHARGER port for RAZR

jaye712

Reaction score
So,i snaped in a itouch usb plug into the razr charger port n it fits(someone stole that ipod piece,smh)..but is it safe or would it burn it?

RAZR215unrooted

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
I have seen on several sites/forums where people have had many varied problems with using "non standard" charger and or cables with their Razr.
With that being said, if it is charging, you are probably safe using it.

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
MasterGadgets said:
I have seen on several sites/forums where people have had many varied problems with using "non standard" charger and or cables with their Razr.
With that being said, if it is charging, you are probably safe using it.

Hmm..ok..i wonder if anyone ever tryed it with a ipod touch charger n had issues with it..ill give it a go but not too much,if anything i mite have to swap out a extra charger i got with my replacement months ago, will see..thanks M.G

RAZR215unrooted

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
doniago said:
If you've still got your original charger you could always try to compare the numbers as well.

What chu meen?u meen the itouch n razr chargin together with the razr piece?or u meen my razr chargers?iam guessin yes,With that bein said,it should wrk the same .both my chargers r original frm verizon,i dnt trust the bckup ones frm walmart (for example)..imma jst give it a go n hope the itouch usb charger doesn't burn my razr charger or phone up..i can only hope for the best LOL

RAZR215unrooted

Gary Stockdale

Reaction score
I've noticed that when I use a standard mini-USB charger, like the one provided with the RAZR MAXX, the phone is very glitchy, screen problems, Swype problems, when I use it while it is plugged in. As soon as I unplug the charger, the problems go away. It doesn't seem to be damaging the phone at all, and it charges just fine on the generic charger, but is there a difference between the original charger sent with the RAZR MAXX (which I can no longer find) and any garden-variety mini-USB charger?