1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Quick question about kernels

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by wickedkae, Aug 13, 2010.

1. wickedkae

wickedkae New Member

So i would like to try a P3Droid kernel or a Chevy one, but i saw this in the BB sticky:

*All Froyo kernels are supported as long as they are using the "anyrom.zip" format by Koush*

Now none of their files have that name in them. I sort of confused. Can i just download a kernel, rename it to update.zip and install it with BB ad get the OC? or do I have to do something else to install it?. (I have BB installed and it works great)

Sorry for the newbness, but I just wanted to get this cleared up for myself.
  2. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

They are both fine.
  3. wickedkae

wickedkae New Member

So just grab one rename it update.zip and I'm good?
  4. Psychlone

Psychlone New Member

You don't even have to rename it if you're using ClockworkMod...reboot into recovery (power down, power on while holding X on the keypad), flash .zip file from SD card, choose .zip file and off you go.

Failing ClockworkMod or if using SPRecovery, change the name to update.zip, reboot to recovery and flash update.zip.

Psychlone
  5. wickedkae

wickedkae New Member

Thanks a ton