Quick quesiton about the initial ROM and the REMIXs?

bodean

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. If I am running another rom (UD10) and want to put the latest Koush rom on, I would install that? What are these "remixes?" Themes to put on after the initial rom install?
Thanks

R1Lover

Reaction score
Cyanogen comes in many forms, shapes and sizes. The original is cyanogenrom by koush..... (droid)

There are many people thing his rom and calling it other names, jrummys remix is one of these, my exactdroid is another.

The install is very easy and is done via rom manager, the first cyan rom you run it is suggested you do a wipe from there I have had good luck without wiping.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Joel

Reaction score
Remixes and themes with roms are full installs. Themes only are applied to specific roms by the release I.e. 5.0.5.7

Joel

Reaction score
P.s. I have tested ud10 to 5.0.5.7 update without wipe and it seems fine. The bases are the same I think. Do the backup However just in case.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Thanks guys. So when a new cyanogen rom comes out (i hear tonight), one would have to wait for each of the "remixes" to be updated? Also, is this the best resource/forum for info on the ROM and the remixes? I don't see many remixes listed on here. Like R1's remix he is using, I guess I can google it to find info on it.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I haven't shared mine yet, but when I do I will post it here as well. Its just what I did for myself and will share when it I finish it completely.

As for other sites, cyanogen.com has many themes posted.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So when a new cyanogen rom comes out (i hear tonight), one would have to wait for each of the "remixes" to be updated? Also, is this the best resource/forum for info on the ROM and the remixes? I don't see many remixes listed on here. Like R1's remix he is using, I guess I can google it to find info on it.
im working on 5.0.6 right now porting my themes over so there wont be much of a delay when 5.0.6 drops should be done right about the same time!
5.0.6 is super nice lots of options in spare parts now!!!

stlcity

Reaction score
im working on 5.0.6 right now porting my themes over so there wont be much of a delay when 5.0.6 drops should be done right about the same time!

Bro u will now have me checking my phone every 10-15mins today for update....I will have to try and stay away from these forums in the mornings....:)

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score

Thanks Bill. Do you have a link with your themes?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making the leap to CM but I want to know how (and if) I can apply the nextheme.
will I need the premium rom manager or will the free suffice?
do live wallpapers work?

Joel

Reaction score
I'm thinking of making the leap to CM but I want to know how (and if) I can apply the nextheme.
will I need the premium rom manager or will the free suffice?
do live wallpapers work?

Lwp does work. You can find the download for nextheme and install through rom manager but is worth buying for the convience of getting all of the themes and themed roms as ota in the app.