Quick Poll: Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge or HTC One M9

Which brand new flagship smartphone would you choose amongst only these options?

• Samsung Galaxy S6

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • HTC One M9

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm waiting to see what the LG G4 has to offer. I really liked its predecessor and the M9 might have heating/throttling issues while the S6 is locked down tight and no SD slot. Both don't have removable batteries. That said, I have admit the Edge looks pretty slick.
I was worried too about the overheating rumors. I've read 2 or 3 different tech-blog reviews that noted no heat issues...at least in the review units.

-Matt

jakenader123

Reaction score
That display though. I would by the s6 for its display by its self. The s6 also has better hardware.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
My preferences have always leaned towards Samsung since I have been with them since the S2. There just haven't been any other phones in the Android ecosystem that have caught my eye.

Unless they reversed their initial decision to take away Edge functionality I would definitely go with the S6.

I still have a six month wait for the phone that will destroy them all, again, which will be the Note 5.

Reactions: cr6

ShermCraig

Reaction score
As many times as I have seen problems solved by a battery pull I will choose none of the above.
If that's the reason, it's pretty odd considering there are multiple ways to achieve the same thing by doing a hard reboot.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
The non-replaceable battery sucks but I could live with it. The lack of micro SD support in the S6 however, is an absolute deal killer. If Samsung would get rid of TouchWiz altogether, my next phone would be a Note 5 hands down, as it is, it's gonna be between the Note 5, M9 or possibly LG G4.

Caesars

Reaction score
After using the m9 for a few days, I'm not even sure how this is considered a flagship..... More like a sailboat that docks next to a flagship.