Quick Poll: How Often Do You Use the Stylus on Your Samsung Galaxy Note Device

How often do you use your S-Pen Stylus for your Galaxy Note series device?

• Often

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Rarely

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Never

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-do-you-note-purple.jpg

Here at DF HQ, we can't help but notice the trend toward larger and larger smartphones is slowly becoming the norm for many of our users. We thought it would be a fun fact gathering mission to have a quick little poll regarding one of the main features of the most popular phablet-style phones. The feature is the S-Pen Stylus, and the phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note series.

Our question is this:

How often do you use your S-Pen Stylus for your Galaxy Note series device?
  1. Often
  2. Occasionally
  3. Rarely
  4. Never
Feel free to add any personal thoughts on the usability of the S-Pen Stylus so users who have never used one can understand your point of view.

PBarn

Reaction score
This was actually something I looked forward to when getting the device, but it's unfortunate it doesn't have more functionality. I anticipate using it more once I'm in school when doing things like taking notes.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Had the Note 3 and only really used it when playing certain games that needed precision (Blood TD 5 mostly).

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Use it all the time. Being a contractor it comes in handy more often than I ever anticipated, especially when there is a problem. Take a picture, screen grab and point out exactly what the problem is. People receiving info from the field appreciate it and are always asking how I did it. A few people at our business have switched to Notes now.

Not to mention it makes invoicing from the phone much easier. Don't think I could get a phone w/o a stylus.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use it all the time. Being a contractor it comes in handy more often than I ever anticipated, especially when there is a problem. Take a picture, screen grab and point out exactly what the problem is. People receiving info from the field appreciate it and are always asking how I did it. A few people at our business have switched to Notes now.

Not to mention it makes invoicing from the phone much easier. Don't think I could get a phone w/o a stylus.

Yup, I had some plumbing done at my house recently, and was very impressed that he used a credit card scanner, and a Note, which allowed me to sign my name on the receipt after charging my card. It was so refreshing to see a plumber have this technology I almost cried.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller

This is essentially all I use my pen for is putting notes or circling parts of a photo. Makes communication in the field almost fool proof.

Once in a while for highlighting and copying text. I really need to use it more for the quick notes or smart notes.

Note 4Tified

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When my note 2 was my primary device I used it enough to where it was useful. It is one of those items that you may not use all the time but you are glad to have the option.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to check the box in the poll.
I use it for writing, since I use Swype, because it's so much more brain friendly and is about the only time anybody can read my handwriting :D
Even before the Note8 (my first Note device) I used the mesh tip type stylus pens for typing, again using Swype and sliding feels like I'm using a pencil.
I wish my watch was S Pen capable.

gbsa

Reaction score
I use my s-pen all the time, for navigating the phone and swiping the keyboard. Writing quick notes, taking screenshots it's a great feature of this phone.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I rarely use it. Mostly just for a quick note here and there. I really thought I would use it more often.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not very often, but can't imagine not having it. For the few times I've used it, it is an awesome tool to have on board.