Quick noob question.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by prince_kalan, Dec 25, 2010.

1. prince_kalan

prince_kalan New Member

I was wondering if I were to root my phone just to delete stuff (peep, Amazon mp3, etc) and then unroot it, would the Apps stay off or magically come back?

HTC DROID INCREDIBLE
  2. xixgrimmxix

xixgrimmxix New Member

As long as u never completely restored ur phone they would stay gone. Although, rooting ur phone removes warranty. So if after u did this any problems happen with ur phone and ur carrier takes notice, it mayb a problem if u ever need a new phone or if major problems accur.

If ur trying to get rid of them for space in ur phone, deleting these really won't help as they don't take up much room in ur phone.

If ur tired of seeing them, there is home replacement apps that have the ability of hiding them from ur menu or putting them into a folder so ur menu is less cluttered.

Go home and launcher pro do this...

<Rooted droid ally>
    >> velocity 0.3 <<
    >>running turbo4<<
  3. prince_kalan

prince_kalan New Member

OK, thanks for the info. So say if I were to root it for a little while and then unroot it with no issues. Regardless of unrooting it back, my warranty is gone immediately and forever? You also mentioned that issues with doing this would cause you to have problems switching or upgrading your phone with your carrier. Does that include rooting your phone in general? Or just issues AFTER rooting it?

HTC DROID INCREDIBLE
  4. xixgrimmxix

xixgrimmxix New Member

Any smart person can look thru ur phone and kno if it has been rooted or is rooted. As a lot of ppl root first mainly for the reason to get rid of them stupid apps. So they kno wat to watch for. If u root then unroot, as long as nothing major is bothered, usually they don't realize (I had to trade mine in after I rooted but used backup)

Id say find a program that allows u to fully backup ur phone without root first. Fully backup user/system data (usually does in a full backup) and then do wat u wanna do to ur phone. That way if something happens to ur phone u can run the backup and noone should ever kno

<Rooted droid ally>
    >> velocity 0.3 <<
    >>running turbo4<<