1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Quick noob question about applying themes...

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Rdoc, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Rdoc

Rdoc New Member

Hi all, I'm pretty new to the scene of Android modding and these forums. I've learned a LOT just by reading posts here on DroidForums.net and I'm grateful for the all the terrific people out there who put forth so much hard work and help each other out. Glad I found this place :)

Anyways, I finally rooted my 3 month old Droid 1 the other day and flashed BB v.4 and a nice P3Droid kernel on it as well. I made sure everything was running stable for a day or so before I decided I wanted to start applying themes. I applied my first theme (Watermark'd for BB) and I'm enjoying it a lot.

One thing I want to clarify before I try another theme is this: Do I need to back anything up or wipe any data before applying a new theme? If I were to install a new theme via SPRecovery like I did with Watermark'd, would it override the old theme and work fine that way? If certain icons were changed with Watermark'd that aren't modified with the new theme, will they automatically change back to stock or will they keep the Watermark'd icon?

I'm sorry if this topic has been covered before, I tried to search a bit before posting but it's a little late and I wanted to figure this out before bed.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

:welcome: to the forum!!

In answer to your questions:

One thing I want to clarify before I try another theme is this: Do I need to back anything up or wipe any data before applying a new theme?

If you've already made a backup of your current working setup....No. You can just install right over the old theme.

If I were to install a new theme via SPRecovery like I did with Watermark'd, would it override the old theme and work fine that way?

Yes

If certain icons were changed with Watermark'd that aren't modified with the new theme, will they automatically change back to stock or will they keep the Watermark'd icon?

It will keep the icon from Watermark'd.
  3. Rdoc

Rdoc New Member

TY!

Thank you very much for your speedy response CorinaCakes! That clarifies a lot for me.

So I guess I would need to restore my backed up ROM through SPRecovery to get it back to the way it was before applying the new theme. I don't think I want 2 different themes coexisting at once.

Thanks again!
  4. MsterKush

MsterKush New Member

I made that mistake and had Golden widgets and Apps even though I was using 928s Gloss. Still worked though.