1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

quick help - adb/stock root question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jntdroid, May 4, 2010.

1. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

I'm doing this for the 3rd time in a few weeks. I've done everything to a "t", and it keeps hanging every time I try the adb commands. Could something else cause adb not to work right? I'm reinstalling the android sdk at the moment, but it hasn't changed since a few days ago when I did this with no problem.
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

Where are you now and where do you want to end up? there might be a better path to get you there.

What is it you want the SDK and ADB Shell for?

That's a long set of instructions in that link. What exactly are you typing and where is it getting hung up? How do you know its hung up? Those errors will help.
  3. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

I tried this once already, but I rebooted into sprecovery again and did nothing else before mounting and using adb, and it worked fine this time. Not sure exactly why... but at least it worked.

My phone was bogged down - I wiped everything, flashed 2.0.1, got 2.1 OTA and then went this route to get the most "pure" root of stock I could, so I could start from scratch and get things running smooth again. Those instructions were the best I could find for a noob such as myself! :)
  4. christim

christim Super Moderator

Glad it worked out. there are numerous instructions out there. The one that works for you...works for you:)

As you have the need to repeat the same process and understand more of what's going you'll find yourself comparing instructions and may find others that suit the needs of what you are doing even more so.

You found instructions, figured it out, so aren't a noob no more:)