Quick email and vmail question

rodcfant

Reaction score
I just synced my yahoo mail and it works but when I went to change "username" from "Yahoo" to "Rod" it created a duplicate so now I get twice the notifications.

1. How can I delete the duplicate?

I dl'd google voice which works well, however I had a voice mail on my other verizon wireless vm. Now the icon shows I have one unheard message but I can't access it because my VM takes me to google voice instead of the verizon.

2. How can I check/clear this email?

I've synced my yahoo and gmail emails to the phone, both work well. I have one more email account though, my .edu account. What are the "settings" that I have to use to sync this one? I need to know the "Server address", "Domain" and any other info.

3. How do I sync my .edu account.

Those are my 3 questions. Thanks very much.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just synced my yahoo mail and it works but when I went to change "username" from "Yahoo" to "Rod" it created a duplicate so now I get twice the notifications.

1. How can I delete the duplicate?
Using the stock Email app? You need to go to the Accounts screen and delete the account you don't want.

I dl'd google voice which works well, however I had a voice mail on my other verizon wireless vm. Now the icon shows I have one unheard message but I can't access it because my VM takes me to google voice instead of the verizon.
Disable conditional call forwarding (dial *73) and dial your own number to access VZW's voicemail. You can then delete the message. Re-enable conditional call forwarding as you did before (dial *71 and your GV number).

I've synced my yahoo and gmail emails to the phone, both work well. I have one more email account though, my .edu account. What are the "settings" that I have to use to sync this one? I need to know the "Server address", "Domain" and any other info.
No telling. Different institutions use different email solutions. There's no single answer for every .EDU top level domain just as there's no single answer for any top level domain (.COM, .NET, etc). You need to check with your institution's help desk for such information. Alternately, try a Google search. A lot of institutions have web pages with this info.