Quick easy way to put VZW S3 i535 on other carriers

arucarda

Reaction score
If you are like me and buy awesome phones to put on prepaid carriers then you'll be interested in this...
I was messing around with my i535 trying to get it to work on straight talk for a week or so. at first i couldn't figure it out, I figured it was probably like other
verizon phones where they block the ability to use them on other carriers. Later that week I decided to try Synergy rom and with that rom i found that all you have to do is put in the sim from the carrier and it would automatically search for the carrier and even automatically put in the correct apn for me. I've tried
StraightTalk, AT&T, T-mobile, and simple mobile and they all work.:icon_ devil:

jamjr74

Reaction score
Data too? Is it edge only?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

OP
A

arucarda

Reaction score
Talk text data everything works perfect...put in the sim turn it on it will search for carriers then will prompt for you to switch to global just click ok

Edit: ooh its 3g btw but if you have a lte sim its 4g lte

OP
A

arucarda

Reaction score
The phone has all the same radios as the the global version but it is listed as having only the radios that verizon uses but I clearly can use it on gsm...I use it on straight talk all the time with dual sim adapter. ..

jamjr74

Reaction score
Ive seen the s3 work on tmobile but data is edge only

OP
A

arucarda

Reaction score
Ok I rechecked t-mobile and you are right it is edge only sorry about that....but the at&t is 3g...j dont have a 4g at&t sim to test