Quick Dialing from keyboard

Jackooze

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Droid Pro is capable of creating quick dial
from the keyboard like the blackberry does. For anyone who isn't familiar with it, it is when you hold down the letter "D' for example and it instantly dials David.

I found the quick launch section to customize but it only allows you to have quick way of accessing applications.

anyone have any ideas or apps that can help me achieve this ?

OP
J

Jackooze

Reaction score
It does have quick dialing but instead of the letters, it uses numbers.

So basically if I hold down any of the numbers it will quick dial a contact? How can I achieve that?

OP
J

Jackooze

Reaction score
Thanks for answering by the way.

I tried that just now and no luck. I can only get speed dialing if I hole down the numbers on the touch screen dial pad.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Droid Pro is capable of creating quick dial
from the keyboard like the blackberry does. For anyone who isn't familiar with it, it is when you hold down the letter "D' for example and it instantly dials David.

I found the quick launch section to customize but it only allows you to have quick way of accessing applications.

Modify your google search preference and then you can pull up a contact directly from keyboard entry. To do so:
-Open Google Search (in the app drawer)
-tap the "g" in the upper left hand corner
-tap the settings gear/knob in the upper right hand corner
-select "contacts" (I cleared all others, but you can tweak to suite your needs)

OP
J

Jackooze

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Modify your google search preference and then you can pull up a contact directly from keyboard entry. To do so:
-Open Google Search (in the app drawer)
-tap the "g" in the upper left hand corner
-tap the settings gear/knob in the upper right hand corner
-select "contacts" (I cleared all others, but you can tweak to suite your needs)

Nice! thats a good contact search tip to know. I still miss the feature blackberry had by allowing any letter to be a speed dial.