Quick contacts or Favorite contacts missing picture display on some contacts

el2002nyc

Reaction score
I searched the forum and could not find a thread specific to my current issue. At times, the Bionic would lose all 4 picture contacts on my main screen and I would need to either reboot or remove the battery then replace & reboot and I would have all top "4" picture contacts return with picture. This morning, after working fine since i have had the device my first 2 picture contacts were intact, the next 2 were gone. I tried all I knew to correct the situation including long press the entire bar and trash and then long press and widget and add "quick contacts" to no avail. Not sure why this is occuring and not sure why I cant have the pictures return.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. If anyone has experienced this and successfully returned the partial pictures missing your input is greatly appreciated. At this moment I have a favorites bar of 2 correct pictures and 2 shadowed sillouttes where my contact pictures once were.

Thank You

OP
E

el2002nyc

Reaction score
****Bump*****

Anyone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

My351

Reaction score
Mine come and go at random, haven't figured out a way to get them back yet. Also love that they switch spots.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing everytime I turned my phone off. I tried to delete the widget and restart it but that didnt work either. Sooo I just dont turn my off anymore, instead I go into sleep mode.
All is good for now!

km75

Reaction score
Experiencing the same thing. But simply removing the widget and replacing it again seems to solve the problem. Still a bit of a pain.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
E

el2002nyc

Reaction score
Thanks KM. Tried that and it did not work. Any other suggestions?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any other suggestions?

A few questions...

1) Are you rooted?
2) what is your system number? 5.5.893 or 5.9.901 or what?
3) Has this just started? If so, what were the latest apps you installed.?

km75

Reaction score
Thanks KM. Tried that and it did not work. Any other suggestions?

Only thing I can think of is that maybe you don't have data syncing in the background for your google contacts. I had a Droid 3 previously so all my contacts were backed up to googles servers. Don't know if you had a android phone previously. Anyway if you did you probably remember that when you activated your phone your contacts automatically came back to your new phone. That's because when you activated your phone you also started the the sync process. So go into 'my accounts' and make sure you have your google contacts syncing.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
E

el2002nyc

Reaction score
Dont think i am rooted. From verizon. 5.5.893XT875

Android 2.3.4

Nothing new installed, just this forum app after the fact to monitor suggestions

OP
E

el2002nyc

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is that maybe you don't have data syncing in the background for your google contacts. I had a Droid 3 previously so all my contacts were backed up to googles servers. Don't know if you had a android phone previously. Anyway if you did you probably remember that when you activated your phone your contacts automatically came back to your new phone. That's because when you activated your phone you also started the the sync process. So go into 'my accounts' and make sure you have your google contacts syncing.

I noticed i am sync,d to back up assistant. Although google account backed up this morning

OP
E

el2002nyc

Reaction score
Ok. Not sure why but now I see 3 of the 4 favs. 1 came back and i didnt do anything but change the battery saver to performance mode which syncs more often...if 4 returns i will let you know

km75

Reaction score
Ok. Not sure why but now I see 3 of the 4 favs. 1 came back and i didnt do anything but change the battery saver to performance mode which syncs more often...if 4 returns i will let you know

Yeah if you use battery saver mode after 15 minutes of non use syncing is automatically stopped. Have you tried to manually add the favorite back that you lost? Might want to see if its actually checked off. If it is remove the favorite then add it right back

km75

Reaction score
I noticed i am sync,d to back up assistant. Although google account backed up this morning

Hit the contacts icon in your app drawer (the phone book). Hit settings and make sure you change that. Make sure google is selected for where your contacts are synced.

OP
E

el2002nyc

Reaction score
Sry battery died..lol. i did make google my default and synced everything and deleted and reinstalled and nothing

OP
E

el2002nyc

Reaction score
Ok. After syncing to google and not backup assistant and changing syncing to performance mode at some point last night all 4 of my favs have returned. Hope this helps someone else who shared my pain!!