Quick Contacts on the D2G

SpikeJones

Reaction score
So, I was looking at the platform highlights at android.com, and I saw that on 2.0+, there is an option called quick contacts. I was playing around with a D2G at my local verizon store, and I saw that in fact, in the contacts, you can click a picture and a whole bunch of options to contacts them will pop up.

However, my friend has a widget/icon on her screen that's basically quick contact, you press the icon, and a list of ways to contact them apperars.

How is this done?
I see no option for this on the D2G, or my cliq (but face it, its a cliq).
I have gone into shortcuts->contacts, but that only ,lets me click and the contact info pops up.

How can you put quick contact on the home screen?

Sent from my MB200 using DroidForums App

Last edited:

wirecutter

Reaction score
Long press on you home screen like you're adding a widget except pick Shortcut instead. The contact shorcuts are there.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
SpikeJones

SpikeJones

Reaction score
I have in fact done that, as said above, and all that was shown was a picture, that when clicked, brings up the contact information.

wirecutter

Reaction score
Well you can pick Direct Dial, or Direct Message instead of Contact. That will get you closer. I haven't seen anything that brings up a menu from the home screen

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
SpikeJones

SpikeJones

Reaction score
This is a link of a video of what I am talking about.

This is done on my friends samsung intercept.
My friend I was initially talking about in the first post had a droid 1 and she could do this.

[video=youtube;q8BHMnx6Rkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8BHMnx6Rkw[/video]

Sorry for the crappy quality of the video, I took it from my equally crappy MB200....

ANYWAYS...

I long press the screen, and click shortcuts->contacts-> and select one of his contacts....

I hope this is on the droid 2/global!

OP
SpikeJones

SpikeJones

Reaction score
I do know there is an option for shortcuts-->Contacts but this just seems to bring up the contact card, as said above....:(

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
It's a Motorola widget. Long-touch the screen to bring up the "Add to Home screen" box. Choose "Motorola widgets". Choose "Contact quick tasks". Search for and choose the contact. Check up to two tasks (call work phone and text message cell phone, for instance). press "Done".

GhostlySnow

Reaction score
I did not find a way to do this on the stock rom. i am currently running fission rom and this popup is available through that. I don't know if there is another way.

OP
SpikeJones

SpikeJones

Reaction score
I did not find a way to do this on the stock rom. i am currently running fission rom and this popup is available through that. I don't know if there is another way.

The phone in the video isn't rommed.

Maybe motorola decided it wasn't a useful feature, and decided to give us a contact quick widget that takes up 2x2 instead of 1x1.

Oh well, thanks motorola.

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
2x2? 1x1? Do you mean the size of the widget? It can be resized on the screen.

OP
SpikeJones

SpikeJones

Reaction score
2x2? 1x1? Do you mean the size of the widget? It can be resized on the screen.

Well When I chose my contact, I only choose their mobile number for texting, and I size it "hot dog style" so it is 2 spaces across and 1 space down.

I mean, that isn't TERRIBLE, but I really would like a 1x1 button that gives me a whole list of options.

I know this sounds picky..sorry.

And even this widget messes up.
I mean, I will click the button to contact them, in my case, text, and it will be unresponsive.

I have to turn off the screen or the phone entirely for it to work.

Last edited: