Quick Contact Widget Problems

jvcalandra

Reaction score
I have a stock Droid Bionic and I am having a problem with my quick contact widget. Most contacts work fine, but others do not link correctly to the contact it is supposed to link to. For example, I choose contact 'X' as one of my 20 available contacts in the widget. It will display contact 'X's name and photo. But when I choose that contact to call, message or any other function, it will bring up an entirely different contact. The contact that is brought up is not joined or connected in any way to contact 'X'. If I delete the contact that is being dialed/messaged, than it will still choose an incorrect contact even though the name and photo on the widget is correct. The only thing I've noticed is most of the time, the incorrect contact will start with the same letter as the correct one, or the very next letter (choosing Mark will bring up Nancy). I assume that is a problem with the contact card itself but I cannot find out what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. This is extremely annoying.

Thank you...
James

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
first question would b r you rooted or not.?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
jvcalandra

jvcalandra

Reaction score
No, I am not rooted...

mrechav

Reaction score
I had this same issue and I had to go through and remove both contacts in my Google contact list and rebook them. one at a time. This fixed it, but it was a pain to have to redo. Good luck!

OP
jvcalandra

jvcalandra

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... sounds like I'll be busy for the next few days!

lykofos

Reaction score
I had the same problem too, but only had to delete then re-add one of the contacts, not both of them. Here's how:

• Your "quick contacts" are the same as your "favorite" list. Start with a clean slate by clearing any additions you made to your quick contacts / favorite contacts lists. Now go through the following steps to see which contacts are causing the problem.
  • Click the "dialer" icon and go to "contacts." Scroll down and click on whoever's name you want to add, after the click it'll take you to their contact info screen. In the upper right corner of the screen, there's a grayed star. Click on the star. If it turns solid colored and stays that way, the contact added to favorites / quick contacts fine. No problems.
  • If it blinks colored for a second and goes back to grey, there's a problem. It added a different contact instead. So, go back one menu to the main "dialer" screen and click on the "favorites" icon. Scroll down and see who it added instead of your intended contact. For example: I was trying to add Jane, but after following these steps, I see that it added Jake instead. Delete Jake as a contact completely and go through step #2 to add Jane again. It should add to the favorites fine this time. Then just re-enter Jake as a contact. There will no longer be a conflict.
Just repeat these steps for each contact you add to quick contacts / favorites list. Only about half of mine were messed up, but it was still a bit of a pain to fix. This is the quickest way I found.

OP
jvcalandra

jvcalandra

Reaction score
It works! It is a pain, but at least I'll be calling who I want to call

Thanks