Quick Clarification on Kernals

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mkzbdroid, Apr 24, 2010.

1. mkzbdroid

mkzbdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a quick question about the Kernals in this post. I understand the higher lower voltage explanation given by chevy but I am unclear to what specifically is the difference between a 5 slot and 7 slot, are they just designed for different devices or what? ive never heard of this because ive recently jumped ship from blackberries so still trying to learn what all the specifics are in android...I am running a moto droid so is a 5 slot or 7 slot better for me?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...s-low-voltage-medium-voltage-3-25-2010-a.html

2. rkeller62

rkeller62 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The number of slots refers to how many different speeds a kernel can run at. So, for example, a 5 slot kernel might support running at 500, 600, 700, 800 and 900 Mhz while a 7 slot might support 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900 and 1000 Mhz. Just FYI, the numbers I picked are for ease of explanation only as I know of no kernels that actually use those exact speeds.

3. mkzbdroid

mkzbdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    o ok cool wasnt sure if they had a hardware reference or something so this helps me a lot