Quick Access to camera

kgs11

Reaction score
I have a Verizon Note 3. I can't seem to figure out how to quickly access the camera, without having to manually find the camera icon and tap it. Can you quickly access it whether or not the phone is locked? Thanks in advance!

Roget83

Reaction score
In the settings, under lock screen, there is an option to add icons to the lock screen. I think it's only available if you just use swipe to unlock your phone. Anyway, once you add camera to the lock screen you just swipe up from the ice to launch it.

KaChow

Reaction score
Go to Settings-> then scroll down to Lockscreen-> then go to "Shortcuts" slide the indicator to the right to turn "ON", where it reads "Shortcuts" press down on the screen-> Press the circle with the + it will open an App drawer slide it down to select the camera, move the camera to where you want it. Also delete/change order any of the other applications that you want for the Lockscreen from here. When done save (if available or) just hit the Home button, turn off and look at the Lock screen. To enable from Lockscreen touch camera and slide straight up towards top of screen. Enjoy!

OP
K

kgs11

Reaction score
Thank you for your post...however, when I go to settings and Lockscreen there is no option on my phone for shortcuts! I'm not sure what is going on, but I have looked in other places for the shortcuts indicator and can't find it...I will keep searching. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Go to Settings-> then scroll down to Lockscreen-> then go to "Shortcuts" slide the indicator to the right to turn "ON", where it reads "Shortcuts" press down on the screen-> Press the circle with the + it will open an App drawer slide it down to select the camera, move the camera to where you want it. Also delete/change order any of the other applications that you want for the Lockscreen from here. When done save (if available or) just hit the Home button, turn off and look at the Lock screen. To enable from Lockscreen touch camera and slide straight up towards top of screen. Enjoy!

OP
K

kgs11

Reaction score
I just found it! You have to have "swipe" security in order to have the short cut option. I was using the "pattern" as my security feature and with that the shortcut indicator is not available. Wow. Thanks for all your help!