Questions

BigBrownLog

Reaction score
I can't find anything from my searches here.

Is there a way to reverses to 4.4.4 that I had before I updated to 5 recently. I don't want to reset to factory default rite now. (for various reasons)

I'm having all kinds of different issues after the update.

The phone overheats a lot.

I first noticed that the background to all apps changed to white so I call tech support and ask how I can change it back to black. He gets Samsung on the line and they tell me they made it permanent white because it saves battery. Those a*sholes must have some contract with battery companies or something because any modern person that has electronics knows that a black background uses the least amount of power and bright white LED screen needs the most electrical current.

Any help you guys can give. Thank you.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
There's nothing you can do about the "white", aside from using a third party launcher.
As for the overheating, It's always advised to do a factory reset after a major update like this. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but that's really your only option at this point. It's helped to correct a number of issues for other S5 users after the recent lollipop update. Good luck!

S5 tap'n

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
If you are running 5.0.2 there is a known memory leak issue. This eats up your RAM making the phone slow and it has to work twice as hard.

This is the one time I would recommend using a task killer of some sort to kill unused tasks.

Reactions: cr6
Reaction score
Where is this 5.0.2 update if I check for updates it tells me I'm up to date at 5.0

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Where is this 5.0.2 update if I check for updates it tells me I'm up to date at 5.0
5.0 may be the most current version available for your carrier. My S5 is on Verizon and it says 5.0 is the latest, but my wifi only Nexus 7 has 5.0.2.