Questions

Diordna

Reaction score
Just a quick thread here to answer some questions real fast all in one thread instead of trying to search for things that would take forever to find.

Anyways, it says I have like 64m available memory (100m left if I kill the native restarting apps but I was told it was bad to do that with ATK) which isn't that great at all and it's annoying me with the reminder. I can't be the only one with this annoyance since I'm sure a lot more people have a lot more memory installed than I do. How do you guys cope with this, or do you just have to keep deleting apps that you really don't need to free space every here and there??

Also, it says it rejected an incoming text message because it says it's full but I deleted all the threads. Guessing that doesn't do anything?
idk if this will work or not but I literally just went to hancent and settings then deleted the whole delivery report/ log too. So does that solve it?

Just realize this is my first smartphone and haven't had it for a month yet and I'm use to with flip phones going to messages then having nice options of just very simply, "Erase Inbox", outbox, all messages, ect lol.
Just getting use to all this thread and batch stuff.

K thanks! :)
More questions on the way!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anyways, it says I have like 64m available memory (100m left if I kill the native restarting apps but I was told it was bad to do that with ATK) which isn't that great at all and it's annoying me with the reminder. I can't be the only one with this annoyance since I'm sure a lot more people have a lot more memory installed than I do. How do you guys cope with this, or do you just have to keep deleting apps that you really don't need to free space every here and there??

The memory there is RAM-Random Access Memory []Error, NOT amount of app storage on your phone. App storage space IS limited, but the RAM is not really an issue, as Android will pause/stop apps that are not being used [these still show up in ATK and others] to conserve resources. Basically, the phone does a perfectly fine job on its own of "killing" apps to keep itself running properly. It's a SMART phone...

Also, it says it rejected an incoming text message because it says it's full but I deleted all the threads. Guessing that doesn't do anything?
idk if this will work or not but I literally just went to hancent and settings then deleted the whole delivery report/ log too. So does that solve it?

Never had this issue, and I've kept something like thousands of apps in an inbox at one time on a previous Android phone. I don't use Handcent. Not sure if that makes any difference.

More questions on the way!

Just a warning from someone that's been around this forum for a little while now, you're MUCH more likely to get help/find answers if you're willing to research your issues first.

There's nothing that a majority of people who're willing to help out other Droid owners hate more than having to answer the same questions over and over again.

This forum is a great resource. USE it!:)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 Spend some time on the site and read up -- it will definitely help you and is worth the investment of your time. Use the search. It is extremely under-utilized here and that's precisely why we have countless threads asking how to stop getting notifications from both Handcent and the stock Messaging app (just one example of many).

Odds are very likely that a question or something similar has been asked before. Searching first keeps the signal to noise ratio high and keeps the forum useful for everyone. If you need help searching then ask.

Last edited:

davoz28

Reaction score
Ive also looked and cant find a direct answer to the 'text message rejected do to full text message memory' question. I have 4gigs free, killed apps with approx 84mb ram free, and deleted msg threads. I still have this msg and cant receive texts. Help please?

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Ive also looked and cant find a direct answer to the 'text message rejected do to full text message memory' question. I have 4gigs free, killed apps with approx 84mb ram free, and deleted msg threads. I still have this msg and cant receive texts. Help please?

Go to Settings > SD card & phone storage

At the bottom it tells you how much available storage space you have on your phone (for apps and such). Make sure you still have some storage space.

davoz28

Reaction score
Ok I have 14.93g total space, 4.48g available space, but my internal phone storage is only 19.16mb available space :*( I assume that might be the problem, how should I allocate it?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok I have 14.93g total space, 4.48g available space, but my internal phone storage is only 19.16mb available space :*( I assume that might be the problem, how should I allocate it?

1) delete the apps you don't really use/need.

2) You can save a small amount (probably doubleing your free phone space, by using astro to do the following:
back up all your apps, uninstall all apps from phone, reinstall apps from card.

Your apk install files end up on the card and are stored there instead of on the phone.

Eventually though it comes down to managing your apps. Yes there are 10's of 1000's of apps out in the market and no...you can't install them all at once:)

davoz28

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Problem solved. I really need to delete unnecessary apps after trying them ;)

Darkseider

Reaction score

1) delete the apps you don't really use/need.

2) You can save a small amount (probably doubleing your free phone space, by using astro to do the following:
back up all your apps, uninstall all apps from phone, reinstall apps from card.

Your apk install files end up on the card and are stored there instead of on the phone.

Eventually though it comes down to managing your apps. Yes there are 10's of 1000's of apps out in the market and no...you can't install them all at once:)

Quick question about the Astro thing. Can you just move the APKs from the phone to the SDCard and not uninstall? I have plenty of space left but would like to regain some by just moving the APKs.