questions

sohldaddy

Reaction score
My wife and i have droids, and we just noticed in our task killer something that says com.motorola.hiddenmenue what is this and is at ok? Also my wifes phone doesnt ring anymore, all at once it stoped, call can still be recieved, but not ring, what gives. Please help. Thanks

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
First :welcome: since I haven't seen you intro thread if you created one.
Second: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

Third: as for the no ring there are SEVERAL things to consider. Of course start with going into settings>notifications and make sure there is a notification set. It could have easily gotten removed. Also make sure on the lock screen that the ring volume didn't get set to silent (it's very easy on the lock screen to hit the right-side button and change the ring setting (do it enough times and you're on silent mode). Can you hear any sounds from the device (i.e. playing a video or music)? Do you get other notifications (emails ect.)?

OP
S

sohldaddy

Reaction score
Im not worried about things running, but im worried about what it is, ive never seen it running before, she get sound for texts, email, everything but phone calls. thanks for your help

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
com.motorola.hiddenmenu is just a process activated by the phone during a phone call that is temporarily visible because it's updating information. There is a way to actually pull/look at the info but it's nothing you need to be concerned with.

If she's receiving all other sounds that she has likely just accidently turned the phone notification off or the ringtone file that was selected for phone calls has been either removed or corrupted. Try setting another file/ringtone for the phonecall notification, restart the phone and test.