Questions I have before flashing rooted Gingerbread...

densetsu86

Reaction score
I assume you git bootstrap from the xda forum that's where I got mine and need to reget it if it still works.

But use the middle button. It took my phone a couple times to get the update started. Also make sure the update is in the root of your external sdcard and if you used your phone to download the file make sure you name it to update.zip if you didnt change the name yet. Also while using bootstrap i suggest having your phone plumed into a wall charger it for some reason kept crashing my phone when I didn't have it plugged in.

Now at the top if the app you should see 3 buttons going down the middle choose the middle of the 3 buttons (second one from the top) once you do that your phone will reboot into bootstrap recovery mode. Now from here choose apply sd card:update.zip it should be near the top. Scroll to it using the volume buttons and press but not hold the power button to choose the selection. And it will install. Now at the end of its install you may get an error saying something along the.lines of not installed just read the xda they explain that and say don't worry about it.

And your phone should reboot it may do a boot loop a couple of times but it will go through. And you will have gingerbread. And you will need to reactivate your phone.

I said "may" for the issues cause I got a installation success and one bootloop I think.

Just read the xda instructions and you will be fine. As always good luck.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ashclepdia

Reaction score
THANK YOU DENSETSU. THIS GINGERBREAD IS FREAKIN GREAT. THE KEYBOARD IS SO SMOOOOOOTTTH COMPARED TO OLD ONE. DAMN I LOVE THIS.

Tomorrow I will learn how to freeze bloated apps and I am on my way to becoming a DROID superuser lol. Thanks again for ur help and I don't blame u at all if something happens I know it was all at my own risk. I can't get over how responsive this keyboard is amazing

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I assume you git bootstrap from the xda forum that's where I got mine and need to reget it if it still works.

But use the middle button. It took my phone a couple times to get the update started. Also make sure the update is in the root of your external sdcard and if you used your phone to download the file make sure you name it to update.zip if you didnt change the name yet. Also while using bootstrap i suggest having your phone plumed into a wall charger it for some reason kept crashing my phone when I didn't have it plugged in.

Now at the top if the app you should see 3 buttons going down the middle choose the middle of the 3 buttons (second one from the top) once you do that your phone will reboot into bootstrap recovery mode. Now from here choose apply sd card:update.zip it should be near the top. Scroll to it using the volume buttons and press but not hold the power button to choose the selection. And it will install. Now at the end of its install you may get an error saying something along the.lines of not installed just read the xda they explain that and say don't worry about it.

And your phone should reboot it may do a boot loop a couple of times but it will go through. And you will have gingerbread. And you will need to reactivate your phone.

I said "may" for the issues cause I got a installation success and one bootloop I think.

Just read the xda instructions and you will be fine. As always good luck.

I figured out that I accidentally let it auto deny so buttons wouldn't work. Told superuser to let recovery do it's thing and was off to the races

At first I was worried I messed up somewhere because how long it takes on system patches during install but I was patient an viola awesome gingerbread ready for action...

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Also I got the newest version of the zip so no error message. Only one bootloop and then I don't think I had to reactivate since 3g showed up but I will so *228 just in case.

Thanking you again over and over for the help

wrxman17

Reaction score
Hey so if you do the ota update will I be able to root that? or do I have to install the pre rooted gb

Reaction score
Hey so if you do the ota update will I be able to root that? or do I have to install the pre rooted gb

You have to install the pre rooted GB update.zip. It is the only way to root the phone on Gingerbread at this time. Froyo users can use gingerbreak but despite the name it doesn't actually work on the X2 version of Gingerbread.

Glad to see that ashclepdia got of the fence. Was wondering if he was going to pull the trigger or not. LOL. Welcome to superuser status. dancedroid

wrxman17

Reaction score
Okay so how long does it take to sbf then update also where is a really good tutorial? Preferably a video or one with pics?

EvilTim

Reaction score
Okay so how long does it take to sbf then update also where is a really good tutorial? Preferably a video or one with pics?

Best tutorial is by dag over on xda forums under x2 android development, no pictures but it is very well written
Remember to use 7zip to unpack the .gz file, all other unpackers have had issues unpacking

ashclepdia

Reaction score

You have to install the pre rooted GB update.zip. It is the only way to root the phone on Gingerbread at this time. Froyo users can use gingerbreak but despite the name it doesn't actually work on the X2 version of Gingerbread.

Glad to see that ashclepdia got of the fence. Was wondering if he was going to pull the trigger or not. LOL. Welcome to superuser status. dancedroid

Hana..I just saw your reply. Thanks. It took me long enough and now I been setting up things I want. I am trying out the new eclipse rom now I found over at xda and am pleased so far. Love these options. I even learned how to do a nandroid in case I wanna go back. Learning fast but now have a new question.
Does the v6supercharger and htkbulletproof work for this preroot version of gingerbread? I can't seem to find an answer at all and am very curious on these scripts. Any confirmations on this subject?