Questions I have before flashing rooted Gingerbread...

Wongway

Reaction score
In my particular case, I have only rooted my Droid X2 and applied the Supercharger / 3G Turbo / Tweaks scripts.

I might have uninstalled a program that came with the phone, but only through that particular program's uninstall utility.

What I would like to do is flash the pre-rooted Gingerbread file, but I know it is better to get your phone back to stock.

Is there any difference for me at the moment to just do a factory reset using the press and hold volume down while pressing the power button to turn the phone on versus using RSD Lite and SBF to get my phone back to stock?

densetsu86

Reaction score
If that's all you did then your good with just a factory reset if data. Although I will point out I don't think the scripts are design for this update. V6 supercharger update 8 doesn't look like it runs right at all and I can't even tell if 3g turbo is working. While now with gingerbread I have a lot of ram with improved video playback, my music pop is at a all time high and v6 supercharger and v6 noop aren't fixing it like it did with froyo.

I rather have gingerbread then froyo but I want the script to work so good luck to you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
W

Wongway

Reaction score
... While now with gingerbread I have a lot of ram with improved video playback, my music pop is at a all time high and v6 supercharger and v6 noop aren't fixing it like it did with froyo.

I rather have gingerbread then froyo but I want the script to work so good luck to you.

Thank you so much for the feedback.

This does give me some pause because I'd rather have things work regardless of what software is on it.

I finally got the music to stop popping and if I have to deal with that again, I may just hold off till I see what other people's experiences with Supercharger will be. The scattered bits I've seen so far seem to mirror your experience with Supercharger after Gingerbread, so I think I may just wait a bit and see... Thanks again!

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Yeah my main thing is wanting the damn music to stop popping...it is ridiculous and I am attributing it to the fact we only have 512ram instead of 768 or 1gig....I wish I could find a way to convince Motorola that if I pay em some money they insert more RAM into my phone or something like that lol...it is driving me crazy.

I don't know to wait for OTA or just download zip now...

Also I've seen rooted gb is available so that can help free more ram.....choices...hmmmm

densetsu86

Reaction score
Im using rooted gingerbread. And I have about the same amount of free ram as I did with supercharger megamemory.

But noop really took care if the popping I will further see if I have problems with noop im not sure if I was running noop earlier today when I had extreme piping while using this app(DROID forums). I will also try poweramp as I currently have it but I like to use stock for playing and poweramp for making playlists.

My over all experience will rooted gingerbread is positive and while I say all time high it popped about a few times for 3 songs out of 83 tracks on my playlists where im use to once on one song out of 83. Good news is that every once in a while one song will completely stop playing on froyo but it hasn't happened yet.

Also if you do use rooted gingerbread with the v6 supercharger stay away from selection 11 and 16 combo. Meaning don't do option 11 followed by 16 it will screw up and only a data pull will work (this ia update 8 of v6 supercharger). It will reboot the phone like it supposed to but it will never pass DROID part of the boot before the eye it will keep flashing over and over and over until a battery pull. Im just thankful the battery pull worked or I could have had a bricked phone.

Btw I do travel 3-4 hours a day going g and coming to work and the popping didn't happen for every song just a couple out of my playlist. I believe that the couple negatives do not outweigh the positives of gingerbread. Im extremely happy with it. 720p mkv playback finally working almost 100% is enough to make nmme happy. On froyo it was not possible. Audio desyncs, 5 fps (no im not kidding it was about that) it was completely unwatchable (btw it was one piece ep 500) now all I need to do is extract subs and play it with moboplayer and I get a stable 24fps unless its there's a lot of stuff going on which will skip a frame or two but will correct itself ins sec or two with no audio desync. Highly watchable especially if its not an action video.

Im very please and I suggest rooted. V6 supercharger will get corrected sooner or later but the dx2 is much better with gingerbread.

The only thing im most confused about is why do my 3g, 1x, and bars switch between white and blue now when on froyo it was just white. For the most part its blue but at times its white and I have no idea why or what that means if it means anything at all.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
If I am still stock froyo x2 do I meed to sbf or anything to get root gingerbread ir just factory reset? I am very new to this. I want to get the most out of my phone as possible since they didn't give us a gig of ram I feel like I must do root to get my phone free enough to where the I want it. I am tired of seeing IM (and other) taking ram when I NEVER use it ever. Really gets to me that I can't stop it so I want to root so I can stop those types of things. Sorry I am pretty mew to this stuff and am just thinking bout rooting froyo but I don't know what to think. Curious as to what advantages there are

densetsu86

Reaction score
To get rooted gingerbread first factory reset your data them get the gingerbreak app you can get it by searching google. Before you can root you need usb debugging on. Settings then appear I think gets you there. Then once you did that install gingerbread and run it and just select root and it will root your device. Its very simple. If you want to stay on froyo then get script manager (btw if you stay on froyo you don't need to do a data wipe only do that if you want rooted gingerbread) which can be found in the market. Then search here or xda forums for v6 supercharger script and v6 noop. May need to type it as no-op. And your phone will be at it's rope of its game with froyo. Oops forgot to mention for v6 supercharger run the script manager app and choose v6 supercharger. If using update 8 choose the speed of script then you will see a list choose 9 (you have to type it just touch anywhere on your screen and your keyboard will pop up. After that then your good to go. But you may need to rename the supercharger name. Just get rid of the. Txt ending if you see that.

If you want to go with rooted gingerbread then just go to DROID x2 hacks section and choose the thread on how to go about that cause the topic creator has a link that will tell you how to get rooted gingerbread going as well as supply the update. Its simple just follow the directions and you will be good.

This is called flashing and putting rooted gingerbread on my dx2 was my first time and I got it with out any problems its idiot proof. The dx2 is my first smart phone im coming from a lg env touch so trust me when I say its not hard at all.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
To get rooted gingerbread first factory reset your data them get the gingerbreak app you can get it by searching google. Before you can root you need usb debugging on. Settings then appear I think gets you there. Then once you did that install gingerbread and run it and just select root and it will root your device. Its very simple. If you want to stay on froyo then get script manager (btw if you stay on froyo you don't need to do a data wipe only do that if you want rooted gingerbread) which can be found in the market. Then search here or xda forums for v6 supercharger script and v6 noop. May need to type it as no-op. And your phone will be at it's rope of its game with froyo. Oops forgot to mention for v6 supercharger run the script manager app and choose v6 supercharger. If using update 8 choose the speed of script then you will see a list choose 9 (you have to type it just touch anywhere on your screen and your keyboard will pop up. After that then your good to go. But you may need to rename the supercharger name. Just get rid of the. Txt ending if you see that.

If you want to go with rooted gingerbread then just go to DROID x2 hacks section and pchoose the thread on how to go about that cause the topic creator has a link that will tell you how to get rooted gingerbread going as well as supply the update. Its simple just follow the directions and you will be good.

This is called flashing and putting rooted gingerbread on my dx2 was my first time and I got it with out any problems its idiot proof. The dx2 is my first smart phone im coming from a lg env touch so trust me when I say its not hard at all.

Thank you..I have had others tell me I need to sbf but I don't think they knew I was uprooted froyo. I am still debating on everything though and may just wait for OTA and see how my phone runs. I have read that if I don't like it I cab sbf back to froyo and get rooted gingerbread or maybe I can do gingerbreak also? Not sure but im pretty confident that at some point un the very near future something will be figured out for it if not. I am going to make my final decision by friday as I am not going to rush into anything here and see how things play out as it hasn't even been a week yet since things started popping off for x2... I ALWAYS research anything Like this almost obsessively so I know EXACTLY what im doing first ;)

Thanks again for your contributions to my knowledge :)

densetsu86

Reaction score
Not a problem, glad I was of some help. Its your device so you do what you think is best. But all im going to say is that sbf sounds way more difficult. Going with rooted gingerbread or rooted froyo is the easiest methods. Rooted gingerbread is the same as stock except that you have superuser permissions. So if anything I would go with that and cut out the middle man (aka sbfing) but yet again its.your phone do what you think is best. Good luck to you and with whatever decision you make. All I know is im staying on rooted gingerbread. I have the ability to get an official update ota (whether 2.3.4 or 2.3.5) or a leaked version with what I got and im happy and it seems like sep is trying to figure out v6 and noop so hopefully it will get better soon. rooted or stock gingerbread is better then rooted froyo imo.

Good luck to you bud.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Not a problem, glad I was of some help. Its your device so you do what you think is best. But all im going to say is that sbf sounds way more difficult. Going with rooted gingerbread or rooted froyo is the easiest methods. Rooted gingerbread is the same as stock except that you have superuser permissions. So if anything I would go with that and cut out the middle man (aka sbfing) but yet again its.your phone do what you think is best. Good luck to you and with whatever decision you make. All I know is im staying on rooted gingerbread. I have the ability to get an official update ota (whether 2.3.4 or 2.3.5) or a leaked version with what I got and im happy and it seems like sep is trying to figure out v6 and noop so hopefully it will get better soon. rooted or stock gingerbread is better then rooted froyo imo.

Good luck to you bud.

See this is why I love this forum. This reply ALSO helped me in my decision during this process. At this point I have come to the conclusion that on break tomorrow ar work I will download necessary things since it is a fast wifi there..and when I get home research a bit more. Mostly on what I need besides the computer(((WHICH WINDOWS VERSION DO I NEED??)))) To be able to go backwards and make the android backup type of stuff.

densetsu86

Reaction score
To clarify I meant for the ota is when there available as they're not out yet forgot to mention that. I assume your sbfing method?

If that's the case im completely worthless. Sorry
No clue on how to do that although I heard there is a tutorial.in the hacks section of dx2. I could be wrong but good luck.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
To clarify I meant for the ota is when there available as they're not out yet forgot to mention that. I assume your sbfing method?

If that's the case im completely worthless. Sorry
No clue on how to do that although I heard there is a tutorial.in the hacks section of dx2. I could be wrong but good luck.

Do I HAVE to sbf even tho I am ALREADY stock froyo? I have done no rooting whatsoever with my phone.

densetsu86

Reaction score
No you don't. Sbf is only needed when you done something that is otherwise unreversable and sbf is basically a image of dx2 out of box software. Think of sbf as a recovery partition or disc and you use that if you want you dx2 to be in the same state as it was DROIDx2 of the box. Meaning if you deleted bloat it will get that back, downgrading from a custom rom like minimumx and in dx2 case going from gingerbread back to froyo (depending on which version that sbf is from).

If your stock your good to go. The ota stock gingerbread should be ready to download as some one posted in another thread its live and ready ti be downloaded.

If you want rooted gingerbread then you need to do a data wipe then reprogram your phone then get gingerbreak and bootstrap as well as the rooted gingerbread update.zip. there is a thread that leads you to xda and they have step by step instructions that are detailed so you shouldn't have any problems. Its easy and took about 20 mins total after data wipe.

I didn't back up any files cause I didn't buy any appear all of my appear are free and my music is on my computer and I just copied and pasted regular files like my game roms and other regular files I downloaded but I just hooked my cell to my laptop via ish and drag the folders over and made a list of appear I dl so I could get them back. So I didn't have to worry about what version of windows that's what threw me off.

Sorry for the confusion I thought you did the update to stock gingerbread already and wanted to sbf back to froyo so you could get rooted gingerbread. Again sorry for the misunderstanding.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Okay I have done the root and all and got everything I need...now I am trying to use the bootstrap recovery to install the rooted gingerbread and can't seem to figure it out...do I have to do the fastboot?

ashclepdia

Reaction score
And u aren't confusing me at all...im understanding everything lol...I know im not being clear but u r being very thorough so thankyou I really appreciate this