questions about themes

sate86

Reaction score
hi all,
i've got a couple general question about theming.

if i apply a theme (such as one including reskinning of stock applications), what happens when updated versions of the applications are pushed (by say, google) through the market? do i have to not update the apps?

also, what happens when the ROM itself is updated. would i have to wait for the theme to support the updated version before upgrading? or would i have to flash to a backup "pre-theme" and then upgrade?

i have stayed away from theming for the most part since functionality is most important to me and i don't want to my device in a situation where I cant upgrade (or will require clearing data/cache) for appearances sake.

thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hi all,
i've got a couple general question about theming.

if i apply a theme (such as one including reskinning of stock applications), what happens when updated versions of the applications are pushed (by say, google) through the market? do i have to not update the apps?

also, what happens when the ROM itself is updated. would i have to wait for the theme to support the updated version before upgrading? or would i have to flash to a backup "pre-theme" and then upgrade?

i have stayed away from theming for the most part since functionality is most important to me and i don't want to my device in a situation where I cant upgrade (or will require clearing data/cache) for appearances sake.

thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Yes, both of your assumptions are correct, if you update a themed app you will lose the theming, and usually if a rom gets updated you need to wait for the themes to be updated as well.