Questions about themeing...

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by CorCor67, May 17, 2010.

1. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    First off big thanks to Pete for the awesome rom!

I'd like to build a theme for bb, I have experience with design but not programming. I was hoping for some help in learning how to get the image and xml files from the rom to edit, then pack them back up for an update.zip. Off at work right now otherwise id be tearing into the rom trying to figure it out myself. Anybody got a good read for me...can't find what I'm looking for on google.

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is my theme for UD NewEra (and soon cyanogen) http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/45260-luna-theme-icculusx.html

I am a graphics guy and suck at code. Basically in a nutshell this is what you can do. Download the program "7zip" on your computer, it allows you to open APK files without altering them. You can then drag out the "res" folder and alter the PNG image files however you want, save, then drag the "res" folder back into the 7zip and click yes to overwright. After you do this you can use ADB to push the file to your ROM in recovery mode (i suggest this so you won't have issues) - then you can test it to see how it looks.

You do this for any files you want to theme, including the framework (/system/framework/framework-res) to change everyhting on yuor phone. Make sure you test them, sometimes you make a bad edit and the phone wont boot or somehting... thats a start...

3. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks, I have 7zip...was just browsing through astro found my nextheme and a bunch of image files. Sounds like it won't be too bad, lots and lots of images in there, this might take a while

4. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh it will take a while, haha... make sure you have a nice soft cushion...