questions about the razr camera

cris

Reaction score
can someone tell me the difference between the widescreen setting with 8mp images below the wide screen and the 6mp images to match the screen. when that box is checked which one is it, the 6 or 8 mp format.

also what one is better for hi res picture taking?

jaybogg

Reaction score
can someone tell me the difference between the widescreen setting with 8mp images below the wide screen and the 6mp images to match the screen. when that box is checked which one is it, the 6 or 8 mp format.

also what one is better for hi res picture taking?

I hardly take any photos so I can't address your questions directly. I do know the camera has been discussed numerous times, so if you used the search function on the forum, you would probably get a ton of input. I just read something in the last day or two addressing your question. The other thing I have picked up from the "camera threads", is that everyone recommends an app called "Camera ICS" and say it is a big improvement over the stock app. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but hope that a search and a look at the app mentioned might help some.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
It's fairly obvious if you look at the screen. when you check the box the screen view widens to the full screen, which being that the camera doesn't change resolution is 6mp. It depends on my use which one i choose the full screen (6mp) is nice when looking at pictures on your phone, but the square (8mp) is nice for other things such as uploading, printing, wallpapers, ect.