Questions about rooting

rectrix55

Reaction score
I have never rooted a phone but I have used davinci code to debrand a phone.

If I root my d2 will I loose any settings or data such as apps or does it just give me full access to everything i currently have,

I read it also gets rid of bloatware and stuff is that because you get access and can uninstall or does it reset the phone.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
As you will find if you search threads about rooting, rooting is only gaining read/write permissions in the phone's directory. Once you do that, that's when you can start changing things around.

Seriously, do a bit of research and you'll everything you need to know about rooting before you make the decision.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, and welcome. Nice intro
pokey.gif

:biggrin:

Canadroid

Reaction score
I read it also gets rid of bloatware and stuff is that because you get access and can uninstall or does it reset the phone.

Once you are rooted I would rec. not annihilating the files away--you're going to need them in place later on if you want to do official updates.

Use your root access power to rename the bloat .apk's you don't want running, or use something like the Titanium Backup app to freeze the process (not a task killer). Keep a record of everything you change, don't count on a restore or a factory reset to un-do all your bloatware tweaks!

Soucouant61

Reaction score
I'm interested in this also. I thought I read that the D2 and D2G could not be rooted because of something called FUSE?