1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

questions about rooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nwwolf1, Jul 13, 2010.

1. nwwolf1

nwwolf1 New Member

Okay so I really wanna get the most out of customizing my droid so I have a couple ?'s. First is rooting illegal like hacking where if I have a problem and take it to verizon they won't touch it cause its rooted? And if not then what can I do with a rooted droid that I can't with a non rooted droid? Also does rooting cause any problems with the phone? And finally how do I root a droid? I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.
  2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Start with the Hacking/Modding section and read the guides, FAQ's etc. You really need to be able to seek answers on your own if you are interested in rooting, IMO. That said, there are plenty here that are willing to help if you have questions or get stuck.
  4. lilhill

lilhill New Member

They main things that you can do once rooted are overclocking your CPU and running different themes (color schemes, animations, other customizations). There are many other things that you can do too - read up like the others said to figure it all out. Also, use the forums' search function!