Questions about rooting

Edward650

Reaction score
Im fairly new with android and I have a few questions
1. Is there a way to improve battery life by rooting or other methods? My battery dies by midday.
2. If I root and there is a system update for my phone what happens? Will it unroot automatically or will I have to do something?
I think that's it for now

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

musicman

Reaction score
If you root you can use apps like droid x overclock to save battery. It wil allow you to set profiles for your phone to use less power when the screen is off for example.

If an update comes your phone will not automatically unroot and update, but you can easily unroot yourself and update if you want. I highly recommend using z4root. It is a1 ckick root and unroot app. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

xliderider

Reaction score
Don't worry about updates if you root. Developers always make rooted versions of the update available fairly soon after the updates are released. In addition, they tweak and mod their roms to incorporate the features of the new software.

In a nutshell, it's easier to wait than to unroot and get the OTA.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 and sometimes BEFORE the update is released...been running Froyo since June myself! ;)

Don't worry about updates if you root. Developers always make rooted versions of the update available fairly soon after the updates are released. In addition, they tweak and mod their roms to incorporate the features of the new software.

In a nutshell, it's easier to wait than to unroot and get the OTA.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
E

Edward650

Reaction score
Tried z4 and it worked out nicely, here is another question. How do I install a rom? I tries using rom manager and I couldn't figure it out

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You have to dl'd the bootstrap app in the market. BE CAREFUL!!!!

DroidForums junkie!

Trenton

Reaction score
Tried z4 and it worked out nicely, here is another question. How do I install a rom? I tries using rom manager and I couldn't figure it out

Search for "rooolers guide" its all on there

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Yeah you have to get the Droid X Bootstrapper. If not you are going to have bootloop issues. I say keep the sbf handy. Research before you do anything too. Dont just go and jump in the boat if you dont know how to use the boat or swim. Search is your friend. Try the ROMs section