Questions about roms before i root

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Ok well i really only want to root my phone for better battery life to be honest and possibly make it work better (Terrible sentence im aware). I have no idea what rom to use in order to achieve my dreams of being able to have my 3g on constantly and actually use my phone like it was intended. So what rom would be good for me? And do i have to update the rom manually everytime an update is available?Also im a bit worried my phone wont operate the same after rooting and what not.. Is this just me being paranoid? I love my DINC but i just want it to have better battery life

In retrospect now that im reading up alot more about all these roms i may not root...
I love my incredible and want it the exact same after root as it was before i just want it to work better

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Depends on if you want a vanilla style rom or keep sense. For vanilla check out cm6, shadowrom, ruby, and I think one more but can't remember at the moment.

For sense check out skyraider or virtious. I think all can be found on rom manager.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I don't know that rooting, as a means of achieving better battery life is a viable strategy. There are many sound, valid reasons for choosing to root a phone, but increased battery life was never one I considered before. Why not simply buy one of those extended batteries that Siedio makes? They come in the 1750 range which will give you a longer run, but not require a different back cover, or a special case. Or go for the home run and buy one of the 3500 range batteries. Those give a real boost to how long it will hold a charge, but change the configuration of how the phone looks, although the battery comes with a new back for your phone.

-Mike

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
I may root it because i heard you can jailbreak a ps3 with it and well thats just nifty. Thanks for the roms that sense based i honestly may just root it and keep the stock rom and just take advantage of nice root apps

Actually what are some advantages to being rooted? Because honestly ive just seen different interfaces and the apps. What are the advantages?

Can I just use set cpu and put it on conserve to save battery after rooting? (Without a rom or anything i mean)

Also I thought i could underclock my phone and make the battery last longer am i wrong about this?

Last edited: