Questions about Ringtones, Handsent and others

SJG

Reaction score
Hello -

I finally switched from my blackberry to the Droid yesterday. Very happy but I have soo much learning to do. I have a few questions and hope someone can help answer them:

1. I downloaded Handsent. Does this app allow me to customize the LED color for various people? Or do you set one color for everyone?

2. I purchased two ringstones from the verizon store however cannot seem to get them saved into the ringtones file or somewhere I can grab them and customize them with contacts. The only option i have is for it to save to my SB card but then I cannot seem to locate the songs after that.

3. Is there a way I can turn off ALL sounds (calls, text, email) with one or two clicks or do I need to turn off notification for each option?

4. How well does Blink and Handsent work together?

THanks everyone for all your help in the past and now.

SJG

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Hello -

I finally switched from my blackberry to the Droid yesterday. Very happy but I have soo much learning to do. I have a few questions and hope someone can help answer them:

1. I downloaded Handsent. Does this app allow me to customize the LED color for various people? Or do you set one color for everyone?

2. I purchased two ringstones from the verizon store however cannot seem to get them saved into the ringtones file or somewhere I can grab them and customize them with contacts. The only option i have is for it to save to my SB card but then I cannot seem to locate the songs after that.

3. Is there a way I can turn off ALL sounds (calls, text, email) with one or two clicks or do I need to turn off notification for each option?

4. How well does Blink and Handsent work together?

THanks everyone for all your help in the past and now.

SJG

1 -No, not for individuals, just to identify text vs email, etc. Not enough colors to choose from to identify individuals.

2 -Don't waste any more money on VZW downloads. Get Mabilo ringtones app from market, and download a boatload of ringtones for free, or customize your own with the app. Also, if you long press on a song in the Music app, you can select that song as your ringtone right there. No extra steps or games.

3 -When you are in your lock screen, there are two icons. One unlocks the screen, the other enables/disables sound.

Don't know on Blink, never used it. Welcome to the REAL smart phones.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Another piece of advice; go to the Swype website, go to the beta section, and sign up quickly while the beta is still open. It really is the best input method out there for quick texts, emails, tweets, etc. Passwords are still easier on the hard keyboard, because they are not recognized words, but for regular communication, Swype is it. And yes, you can do it all from your phone.

krpiper

Reaction score
Blink and Handcent seem to work okay together, sometimes it flashes the wrong color, but I'm not sure if that is Blink with Android as I leave the colors on Handcent default

jimzsd

Reaction score
The Droid does not support previously purchased ringtones from VZW.

Reaction score
1. Actually technically you can customize for individuals, however there are only about 5 or 6 colors so it would be limited but its possible. Also you change the emblem to about three different types with 6 different colors or so, so that would allow even more distinction.

xliderider

Reaction score
Use Handcent to customize the ringtone/notifier for the individual, as you can individually set what notifier plays for a specific contact.