Questions about new data plans

codyodyody

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot today about how verizon plans on getting rid of the unlimited plan. I have had it since nov of 09. I was wondering how this will affect me. Am I grandfathered in no matter what? Even if I renew my plan and sign on for another two years? Am I also grandfathered in if I went to say a blackberry or iphone? I also know they are getting rid of the new every two program. If I renew my plan for another two years do I still get that too? Thanks in advance I hope I asked these questions right

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe your best resource is to call VZW customer service (*611) or visit a VZW store.

androyd_rock

Reaction score
You will be grandfathered in no matter what even if you renew when me and my cousin got our plan the rep told us this and we had to take it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TheOldFart

Reaction score
You will be grandfathered in no matter what even if you renew when me and my cousin got our plan the rep told us this and we had to take it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

While this has been the case and most likely will continue if you stay with a 3G phone, I don't think we can have any idea if this will be the case if upgrading to a 4G phone. I doubt that Verizon CS even knows this yet.

JDRoc

Reaction score
I currently do not have a data plan, but I will be receiving my Droid Incredible on Monday. When I sign up for my unlimited data plan, will I be grandfathered in? Or is it too late???