Questions about moving pics. to QuickPic App

Lester52

Reaction score
Hey Guys... I've read many threads on here about how happy members are with QuickPic as there default viewer, I've f
just started the process by disabling My Gallery. I've had quickpic app a couple of months and really like it. When I downloaded the app it copied my pic files on my sd card and thats the pics I have on there now, around 45 pics.
Any pics. that i've taken since then are not there, but are on my sd card. Do i need a file manager to move those pics
to my quickpic app. Also how can i make quickpic my default viewer so when i take pics. going forward they will show up in quickpic viewer without using a file manager to move them.
Thanks Rick:)

PS.. Please keep the process as simple as possible for this newbee droidhead.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this the QuickPic you have? Link

Because this program doesn't move any files, it only reads the information about what pictures you do have in your filesystem/SDCard.

It sounds like you have one of the ones that is a camera app, not a gallery app.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Lester, try going into settings on the Quick Pic app, then browse and make sure it is set to browse your entire sdcard. It is also possible that your pics are being stored on the internal sdcard and QP is looking at the external sdcard.

When in camera and going to look at the pics you just took, you should get the list of apps that are possible for viewing and can check default at bottom before choosing what app you want to default to. Never mind, the stock camera app only defaults to the default gallery app and I use neither.

Sent from my AT100 using Droid Forums

OP
L

Lester52

Reaction score
Lester, try going into settings on the Quick Pic app, then browse and make sure it is set to browse your entire sdcard. It is also possible that your pics are being stored on the internal sdcard and QP is looking at the external sdcard.

When in camera and going to look at the pics you just took, you should get the list of apps that are possible for viewing and can check default at bottom before choosing what app you want to default to. Never mind, the stock camera app only defaults to the default gallery app and I use neither.

Sent from my AT100 using Droid Forums

When i go into QuickPic settings, then browse, 1st. option reads Included folders/ Select folders to scan, otherwise entire SD card. When i tap that option it opens up a page that says included folders, I don't have any folders in there
so I'm asumming it's scanning the entire card, but when i look into my file manager my internal phone storage has all my pictures including thumbnails under DCIM. When i open up my external card it shows my thumbnails under dcin/camera and only 6 photos in the pictures folder, none in the saved pictures folder.
Again I'm asumming when Quickpic is scanning folders it's only looking for picture folders not dcim folders.
So how can i get my thumbnail/pics into QuickPic.
Also i forgot to mention i have a stock Razr Maxx with ics and using the stock camera.
Thanks for your reply and help with this issue!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Go to your stock camera app, at the bottom left is the menu icon. Open that and then open the settings gear on the left. Select SD card for storage location. From now on in, the pics you take will be stored on the external SD card. This is safer just in case, heaven forbid, something happens to your phone you have your pics on the removable sdcard. And even safer yet, is to periodically save your pics to your pc.

Now in Quick Pic, go to settings, included folders and hit the + icon in the upper right. Select mnt/sdcard, then ok. Hit the + icon again and select mnt/sdcard-ext. QP will now show all pics in both your internal & external sdcard storage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
L

Lester52

Reaction score
Great instuctions ! Thanks for walking me right through it. I tried a couple of pictures and there they are in QuickPic!
This forum ROCKS!!
Thanks Again!
Lester/Rick