questions about lagfix.

thedymo

Reaction score
what exactly is it and where do i get it?

it seems like a few people have been running into some problems since getting the lagfix...but some people are doing fine. what should i do?

ibebyi

Reaction score
If im not mistaken the various lagfixes out there basically write a 1gb file and marks it as an EXT2 partition and moves parts of the system folder over to that file. Reason this started was because the rfs filesystem on the galaxy s phones have a slower r/w speed than a linux native filesystem.

As of yet I have come into problems every time I do this, whether it be One click lag fix on the market or the lagfixme batches I've found around forums. When I apply these my phone never boots up past the verizon splash. I personally think they don't help in real life situations, only in benchmarking.

first make sure you have a backup using clockworkmod recovery (if you don't know what this is, you wanna research this before you do any modifications), and that you know what you are doing.

But next time, please search as this question has been asked multiple times in multiple places in multiple forums. Im not trying to be a nazi and I have a pretty low post count but it still is bothersome to see new threads about it everyday. :)

EDIT: IDK if talking about other forums is ok here, but if you wanna find it go over to XDA. If you wanna try the One Click Lag fix go to the market and search "one click lag fix".

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
If done properly the one click lag fix is in fact effective. The first boot after applying this fix is going to be really slow. I mean slow to the point where you will hear the boot sound long before you see the image or, possibly be stuck on the Verizon screen for a long time. If three minutes goes by and your phone is still not booted then do a battery pull and reboot. It definitely increases quadrant scores to the point that I went from a 911 to a 2298. I have also noticed a difference in the basic operation of my phone. It does not lag when unlocking and it runs smoother to the point that I will continue to use it (the fix I mean). Just know this,,,If you are going to do a nandroid backup you must first undo the lag fix. If you do not your phone will freeze while trying to backup ext2.

Note:Ibebyi is right, please when you have any questions please do a thorough google and forum search for any related topics before starting a new thread. There are far too many people starting an entire thread for subjects that are being covered in 100 different places. Even If you brick your phone do a search on how to fix before you ask in a new thread because I can guarantee at least 100 people have already done it. I myself used to be very quick to just drop a new thread whenever I had a question.

Johnny_Mac

Reaction score
Never rerun lagfix without uninstalling it first.

I've been doing a lot of research on the lagfix and the biggest mistake people make is run it a second or even a third time thinking that it didn't work the first time. NEVER run the lagfix another time without first uninstalling it. If you do you will end up having the boot loops and will likely have to do a full restore of the phone to get it working again. The lagfix works great as long as you uninstall it before trying to reinstall it.

droid8888

Reaction score
I notice a difference. I multi-task a lot, and my phone no longer stutters under heavy load, or even in normal situations where it would lag. BTW, I've done Nandroid backups with the lag fix applied and it works fine for me.

If done properly the one click lag fix is in fact effective. The first boot after applying this fix is going to be really slow. I mean slow to the point where you will hear the boot sound long before you see the image or, possibly be stuck on the Verizon screen for a long time. If three minutes goes by and your phone is still not booted then do a battery pull and reboot. It definitely increases quadrant scores to the point that I went from a 911 to a 2298. I have also noticed a difference in the basic operation of my phone. It does not lag when unlocking and it runs smoother to the point that I will continue to use it (the fix I mean). Just know this,,,If you are going to do a nandroid backup you must first undo the lag fix. If you do not your phone will freeze while trying to backup ext2.

Note:Ibebyi is right, please when you have any questions please do a thorough google and forum search for any related topics before starting a new thread. There are far too many people starting an entire thread for subjects that are being covered in 100 different places. Even If you brick your phone do a search on how to fix before you ask in a new thread because I can guarantee at least 100 people have already done it. I myself used to be very quick to just drop a new thread whenever I had a question.