Questions about GPA15

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ButteredRum, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ButteredRum

ButteredRum New Member

I'm very new to ROMs and such, so sorry if these questions seem naive.

I installed Peter Alfonso's latest Gingerbread ROM update (GPA15) on my Motorola Droid and all seems fine. I am wondering what the difference is between this particular ROM update and the latest version of Bugless Beast (V0.6.2.1). Is the Gingerbread ROM just basically the stock Gingerbread OS, while Bugless Beast is Peter's version of a ROM? If so, what are the major differences between the 2 ROMs in terms of features? Also, I realize that a kernel is a part of the ROM, however how would one install a different kernel into a ROM, and why would someone want to do this? For example, I saw a post in which someone recommended Peter Alfonso's 1GHz LV 1.0 zip after installing the GPA15 ROM update.

Lastly, why isn't Bugless Beast offered on ROM Manager any longer? Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

1) Main difference between BB and GPA is that GPA is a Gingerbread AOSP ROM. BB is still Froyo I believe, but Pete makes certain modifications to it. GPA, being AOSP, is built to try to keep it as stock as possible.

2) People install different kernels for over/underclocking and undervolting. This can increase performance (when overclocked) and improve battery life (when underclocked/undervolted).