Questions about gnex

soulshot96

Reaction score
OK I may be getting a gnex soon and I'm wondering, A if its been rooted, and B it you can install and run infrastructure wifi tether on it after rooted, or if not when i t will be possible, I ask b/c I use my phone for internet for school b/c where I live it costs $3,000 to get normal internet and unlimed 4g is only $30 a month(grandfathered). Thanks for your help in advance.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Creed

Reaction score
OK I may be getting a gnex soon and I'm wondering, A if its been rooted, and B it you can install and run infrastructure wifi tether on it after rooted, or if not when i t will be possible, I ask b/c I use my phone for internet for school b/c where I live it costs $3,000 to get normal internet and unlimed 4g is only $30 a month(grandfathered). Thanks for your help in advance.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

It has been rooted! Wifi tether should be stable soon but for the time being it depends a lot. Some people are having success and others aren't. In a short amount of time, however, it should be able to do it.

Try this: Samsung Galaxy Nexus – How to use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot « Fonehome

Anyway, it should be able to tether very soon from now if yours cant immediately.

captdroid

Reaction score
It has been rooted! Wifi tether should be stable soon but for the time being it depends a lot. Some people are having success and others aren't. In a short amount of time, however, it should be able to do it.

Try this: Samsung Galaxy Nexus – How to use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot « Fonehome

Anyway, it should be able to tether very soon from now if yours cant immediately.

lol and for the record who was the person who figured out how to unlock the Galaxy Nexus and obtain root? :D j/k