1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Questions about flashing roms

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by ZaZ, Nov 20, 2010.

1. ZaZ

ZaZ New Member

While I'm not new to overclocking (PCs anyway) I am new to doing it on a phone as well as have some concerns about flashing new roms to my motorola droid. I understand that I'll have to backup everything not on my sd card and restore apps etc my questions are thus:

1. Will flashing a rom reset the phone carrier wise? Meaning will I have to do anything special to set it up with my verizon account and be able to use it as a phone again or is that stored elsewhere?

2. I've seen a lot of overclock kernels posted my question for that is there a kernel that allows for dynamic on the fly clock setting so I can for example drop down the speed when I'm not using the phone but scale it up when I'm doing something resource intensive without having to flash different roms repeatedly.

Thanks for any help ahead of time.
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Hope this is helpful.

Mike
  3. ZaZ

ZaZ New Member

So other than restoring my google account info I wont have to do anything special. And I guess there is no dynamic clock kernel where I can set the clock speed while the system is running. Thanks for the help.
  4. mwhartman

The OC kernels will keep the cpu speed higher and with setCPU you can make profiles to control the power.
  5. ZaZ

ZaZ New Member

So when a kernel says for example 900Mhz or 1250Mhz I can consider that a maximum clock speed built for that kernal, not nessessarily a locked speed?
  6. mwhartman

That is correct!
  7. ZaZ

ZaZ New Member

Great thanks for all the info I appreciate it.
  8. mwhartman

You are welcomed! Take your time and be sure to make a backup. A solid backup can save your hours of work and frustration.

Mike
Search tags for this page

meaning of reflashing