Question...

QMaverick

Reaction score
My phone seems to be heating up a lot more than it used to--I'm wondering what operating temperatures are safe for the battery. I've hit 105 F a couple of times (battery temp according to SetCPU).

Any thoughts? Should I slow down my OC a bit? I'm running Froyo with the 1ghz OC WiFi kernel . . .:greendroid:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My phone seems to be heating up a lot more than it used to--I'm wondering what operating temperatures are safe for the battery. I've hit 105 F a couple of times (battery temp according to SetCPU).

Any thoughts? Should I slow down my OC a bit? I'm running Froyo with the 1ghz OC WiFi kernel . . .:greendroid:

105 on the battery temp is warm but not excessive. That's why you have a failsafe, correct? If you don't have a failsafe then you haven't set up your profiles correctly.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea the chip is rated at temps much higher than that. and like hookbill said, just activate your failsafe profile so if the temp ever exceeds that, then it will slow down the processor to cool down

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well to put you mind at ease 50c or 122f is the "oh crap" zone for a battery as has been discussed untold times here on the forums. If you set your battery temp. failsafe to 45c or 46c you should be fine.

OP
Q

QMaverick

Reaction score
Didn't know about the fail-safe mechanism...I've set it up on SetCPU and feel better...thanks for the advice! (I have a ton of experience overclocking PCs, not so much with phones) :)