Question

SuGaR

Reaction score
First thing first, I searched n read a few pages in but didn't see a topic on this so I apologize in advance if this topic is already somewhere in this forum!

When you buy an app, does the charge go to your bill or what? I wanna buy some apps but don't wanna deal with it going on my Verizon bill. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LakeMountD

Reaction score
You enter your credit card once you click buy and it routes through Google Checkout.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's billed to your Google account, which you'll need to link a card to. I'd recommend a pre-paid card that allows foreign currency purchases. Other than that you're good to go!

mjs31

Reaction score
It's billed to your Google account, which you'll need to link a card to. I'd recommend a pre-paid card that allows foreign currency purchases. Other than that you're good to go!

Don't be scared off though by the prepaid cards. You can use any cc card or debit card. It is a standard google account that you would also use online to purchase through google authorized stores. I personally have used my bank account debit card with Google for over a year and have never had any issues. I have also purchased apps from the market that were in foreign currency. When you check out, you will see the current conversion to US dollars before you buy.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Don't be scared off though by the prepaid cards. You can use any cc card or debit card. It is a standard google account that you would also use online to purchase through google authorized stores. I personally have used my bank account debit card with Google for over a year and have never had any issues. I have also purchased apps from the market that were in foreign currency. When you check out, you will see the current conversion to US dollars before you buy.
I use my MC for purchase through Google. I just threw out the pre-paid idea because I find it generally helps ease people's concerns with credit information. I personally have had no issues either with my credit card. But thanks for clarifying more options.