Question to root my 2.1 Droid???

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by erikfig, May 19, 2010.

1. erikfig

erikfig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!!

I downloaded the motorola rsb interface and the sprecovery successfully to my moto droid.

When i go to recovery menu i can see the littler robot on the background.

The question is how do i root my droid from there, do i need any other files? Pls advise...

Thanks in advance!!!lll

#1 erikfig, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. Diordna

Diordna Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll help you! PM me and we will get you rooted. There are to much threads and info about this, so later on tonight get on some IM feature (AIM, FB chat, ect)
    And help you out

3. Teammudd

Teammudd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    here's the steps i followed, along with the video's. i'm still reading and exploring right now, not 100% sure on my next move..... at first i wasn't that into the look pruddy stuff, but then i got to looking at screen shots of AdamZ's ROM's and i think the smoked glass (in blue) is KILLER!!

aaahhhhhh decisions decisions!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

4. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +22
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/37696-flashing-sprecovery-sbf-stock-2-1-a.html

There is a reasopn this post is stickied. It works and causes the least amount of confusion. Make sure you look closely at the instructions for spaces where spaces are. That's the hardest part of the whole process.

Some people replace the ADB ternminal emulator commands by using SDK Tools. I did not. I typed it all on the freaking tiny little keys on the droid. My fingers hurt when I was done. But if you are not experienced with SDK tools ADB SHell, do it like the instructions tell you in the terminal emulator and it will work.

Nate

5. chomorro

chomorro Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Follow the video worked perfect and its easy :). Only thing i did was skipped the stock rooted 2.1 install and just went straight to bugless beast v1.0 update.zip, works like a charm, mad i havent been rooted for the past few months..... lol