Question To Rom Users...

Discussion in 'AngDroid' started by AngDroid, Oct 9, 2010.

1. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    For corporate users I added the D2 email app into my super clean ROM. All the corporate/exchange functions work properly. Getting sync to both ways with contacts, facebook and twitter sync contact pictures. Everything is working as it should but for the blur social networking messaging. There is no unified inbox and you can not send facebook or twitter messages from within contacts or message app. I am still using the default message app since it is not having any timestamp problems and I don't need the fancy chat bubbles. I would use market facebook & twitter and launcherpro for all that social stuff. How do all of you use the social stuff? Would you rather have it in Blur or use different apps?

Does the Droid2 gallery app pull pictures from Photobucket? I know it had problems with Picasa which is why I have the default android gallery app in super clean. Do most of you care about that?

I am not sure how the original D2 ROM ran since I tore it apart the first day I got it which I think was like the first day there was root :)

I can see how some of the blur stuff can be handy but I would rather use different market apps for the social stuff.

2. event121

event121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I prefer the Market apps for SN stuff. Blur is amazing, but kills my battery and ruins my contact list.
    Contact list = people I call
    Facebook list = people I share stuff with / not call

The gallery is a really good app for looking through you pictures. It has auto-linked to almost every folder that I have on my device or sdcard with pictures (including thumbnails of tmp files from images while browsing facebook and ota background apps). The save/edit/move/copy/set as wallpaper/send/etc is nice for management of pics. However, it is just a viewer app and I'm sure could easily be replaced with something equally as good if not better.

3. Jboxen

Jboxen Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the blur gallery and the blur social networking app, I also love the unified inbox of blur. The only thing I don't like about blur is when I put on a facebook or twitter blur widget my battery dies in 5 hours because of constant updateing. If I had a choice of a perfect ROM I would just have a deodexed and zip alligned blur ROM with the crap cut out and a nice theme. 1 ghz is plenty of speed to handle blur on top of 2.2 so I don't see the need to cut it out really. Also if you don't want to see all of your facebook contacts in your contacts just go to contacts, display group and select *******@gmail.com. Just my 2cents.

4. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Check out my Super Clean Blur ROM in my ROM section.

5. Jboxen

Jboxen Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to wait until the new ROMs come out that you reworked from and then will have update.zip's for. I'm fine using stock for now until then !

6. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    AndDroid:

I see this in the Test ROMs thread:

AngDroid_2.4.5_Clean_Blur.zip

But I don't see a super-clean Blur rom...did you mean to say "Clean Blur ROM" above, or is the ROM mis-titled in the thread, and should be "Angdroid 2.4.5_Super_Clean_Blur.zip"?

Thanks...

7. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Is there any reason we can't have both on the phone at the same time to compare?

I'm using the "old" Gallery that comes w/the superclean ROM now, and would like to have the new D2 Gallery running along-side to compare the two. Is that possible?

8. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Most likely but I am not going to fuss with that :) Maybe you or someone else wants too :)

9. plasticmajestic

plasticmajestic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How would I go about replacing the messaging app with motoblur version (the one with the fancy chat bubbles and all) From what I've read, is it as simple as dropping the conversations.apk package into /system/app ,fixs perms and reboot?

I am running the green ROM, superclean BS VA PRO,

Thanks!

10. ILikeWaffles

ILikeWaffles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^^I would like to know the same.

I am also running the green ROM, superclean BS VA PRO also.

EDIT: This ROM does not have the messaging app like the stock Droid2. The one I'm talking about is the icon you can place on the home screen that when you open it it shows you all your e-mail accounts. Anyway to get that?

11. Cilraaz

Cilraaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would love to know this also. I have multiple IMAP accounts on my phone, but when I open email, I only see the default email account with no options to check the others. While I have no use for the Universal Inbox (and actively dislike it, in fact), I would like the stock functionality of choosing email and being presented with all of my available accounts.

12. ILikeWaffles

ILikeWaffles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been messing around with it and it seems to be part of blur messaging, but I can't figure out the exact combination of apk's to just get the messaging icon. At the moment I'm just using 3 separate icons for all my emails. Oh well.

Search tags for this page

spybubble