1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question regarding WiFi tether

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by IanG, Jan 31, 2012.

1. IanG

IanG New Member

Hello all,

I've successfully rooted my fathers Droid X in attempt to get Wireless Tether programs working, but they work to no avail (devices will not connect or get internet). I was looking up some information regarding this and apparently I need to install WugPacked Tether Patch? I have a few questions

Will applying this patch make me reconfigure settings for the phone (ie: email, apps, etc) or will everything remain intact? Also, will this enable WiFi tethering so I can use a tablet device on the Droid X's WiFi? Lastly, which patch would I want to apply?

Thanks,
    Ian

Edit: Also, if I am missing any information or there are other alternatives, please let me know.
  2. brad92

brad92 New Member

Wugfresh's Tether patch flashes the TBH Tether patch, removes the data tracking files on GB and installs Wifi Tether for Root users. You need to use Droid 2 Bootstrap to flash it.

You wont lose any data whatsoever and you should be able to tether to a tablet.

Here is a copy of WugFresh's patch:
    http://db.tt/ID3D6cpY

X
  3. IanG

IanG New Member

So on the Market, I'd want to download the Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap instead of the Droid X one, correct?

After I download the bootstrap, just install the .zip from the SDcard, flash, reboot, then good to go?
  4. Savagerun

Savagerun New Member

Yes on both questions

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Savagerun

Savagerun New Member

Search tags for this page
best wifi for droid x

best wifi tether for droid x

wugfresh tether patch

wugfresh tether patch droid x