Question regarding troubles with OTA

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Hey guys don't know if anyone is able to help but I thought I would give it a shot.

My daughter has an incredible and today she got the 2.2 update. Lovely Verizon installed 11 apps that she does not want and they seem to be running constantly. The update changed her key board around for texts (which to a teenager this is major). Now she is experiencing reboots about every 30-40 mins and her battery is dropping like a rock.

Anyone have any suggestions.........

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
K. Ready for this party? Best bet would be to downgrade back to the 2.1. Then root and I would do s-off incase something like this arises again. After downgrading and rooting I would flash one the newer ota roms with alot of the bloatware removed and add back the htc keyboard she likes.

So seeing as on the RS team I am assuming you are fluent in the sdk so this should be a breeze.

Link to downgrade.
How to downgrade and root your DInc from 2.2 |

Link to root.
unrevoked From there chose the incredible and install the hboot drivers.

Link to s-off
public:forever [RootWiki] <-- unlocked hboot so basically you'll never lose the ability to flash a recovery and bott a rom with root again.

Link to the best ota rom that I know of.
[ROM] Virtuous v2.5 (9/1/10): Stock Sense/Froyo v3.21.605.1 w/Fixes & Enhancements - xda-developers <-- Is also available on Rom Manager.

Another forum member do this and took about 30 mins. Hope this help, if any questions please feel free to contact me.

OP
dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Yes I am on the RS but have absolutely no clue when it comes to the Inc. give me a Droid 1 and I can root the you know what out of it.

Do you have a guide to doing this or is there one???? She is against rooting it but I think if I tell her that once I am done it will be like it was before the ota she might go for it and finally be happy again.