Question regarding Set CPU

Skelly022782

Reaction score
I'm new to over and underclocking but was reading something about setting the CPU to 300/300 while the screen is off. I did this by creating a profile for the condition screen off and just setting it to 300 max 300 min. One of the comments for the application was it increased battery life by 300%. Seemed like it may have been an exaggeration but will this increase battery life signifigantly?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, it wont do anything for you. The phone ramps itself up to speed when it needs it. As long as your phone is really sleeping, then it will be clocked in it's lowest available setting.

OP
S

Skelly022782

Reaction score
No, it wont do anything for you. The phone ramps itself up to speed when it needs it. As long as your phone is really sleeping, then it will be clocked in it's lowest available setting.

I guess I wasted $1.99 then :)

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily -- there are rumors of DroidX overclocking capabilities -- you may have wasted it now, but you may very well find use for it in the future.

Also, if your purchase is within 24 hours, you can refund thru the market.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Not really, you can still underclock to save battery when you are using your phone

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well apps still run when the screen is off, so it can still put a load on the cpu. This puts a cap on what it can do.

Sent from my Droid

Darksthour

Reaction score
Not really. I have a few profiles set up on mine that help. Like if my battery temp jumps up I can underclock for just a precaution. Also if my battery is low it's set back to stock speed so I can Squeeze as much time as possible when I might need it. It's really a good application with a lot of useful features when you really get into it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

RoyR80

Reaction score
This 'can' help ur batt, certainly wont hurt ya....

Sent through my Droid-1.5, via Droidforums app.

OP
S

Skelly022782

Reaction score
The Main reason I installed the application was a hope to save on battery life. Just installed rubix blurry and it seems my battery life increased a little bit, didn't know if this would have boosted it even more.

OP
S

Skelly022782

Reaction score

Not really, you can still underclock to save battery when you are using your phone

On a phone call isn't one of the conditions in the profile section of the app? Am I missing something?

Darksthour

Reaction score
OP
S

Skelly022782

Reaction score