1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question Regarding Launchers

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kazawak, Apr 8, 2011.

1. kazawak

kazawak New Member

I've been searching the forums and can't find the answer i'm looking for. If I delete the launcher apk in a deodexed update.zip and paste in launcherpro.apk will it act as the launcher on install? is this an ok thing to do?
  2. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

why not just set LPP as your default? I have SPB, LPP, and stock all in my phone. But I only run LPP. I have home smack just in case I want to run another of those launchers but I don't really use it much.
  3. kazawak

kazawak New Member

I always delete my default launcher anyway after making launcher pro default. I just want to skip the step everytime.
  4. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

Try to talk to Actngrezy over on the Project Elite Forum, I know for a fact he has Launcher Pro set as the default launcher on his custom ROM. Or possibly any other Dev's who have changed the Default Launcher.

Or you could download his ROM and look at how he did it.
  5. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

Hmm.....see I never delete the default because I had a time on my D1 when LPP and ADW both just disappeared one night. Had I deleted my default launcher I imagine I would have been screwed....nothing wrong with having a backup....IMO anyway. Gotta have a plan B