1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question Regarding Design of Notification Window

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Vazguard, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Vazguard

Vazguard New Member

I am working on a mock-up of a theme I would like to create in the future (after learning how specifically to implement it) and my design of the notification window seems to depart greatly from the rest of the themes I have seen posted here and elsewhere. This departure made me question whether my design is even within the limits of the Android environment.

Below is my mock-up of the notification window:

[​IMG]

Is it possible to recreate the top arrow and the transparent space around the window?

Any further instructions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
  2. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Just getting into the theming area myself, but I would think you'd have to edit some .xml files to get the pulldown background to layer on top of the header background....to show the arrow as you have it (if thats even possible) otherwise, the arrow would just be positioned lower.
    Ditto with the transparency on the sides. I think you can change the padding for icons however. But that would ceratinly be in a layout.xml somewhere.
  3. Vazguard

Vazguard New Member

I figure since many themes use transparent backgrounds in their notification windows, I didn't see any potential problems for the space around the window. The arrow, however, seems to be the biggest concern for me. I planned it to be part of the image file that dictated the background of the carrier title and "Clear" button (not the notification background image) and have it seamlessly connect with the rest of the window. I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but that's what I get from your response.
  4. microsnook

microsnook New Member

Damn, that looks really good!
  5. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I think it is doable with one exception. The wording behind the shade might stretch and look funny since these are all .9 images. I guess I would try them and see how it goes. Can't hurt to try.
  6. Vazguard

Vazguard New Member

Thanks, I will look into it.
  7. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Im no pro

From what I seen done as for the transparent portion around the pic that comes down to you sizing and positioning the picture.

As for the arrow as other's said give it try and see what you come up with then you'll see if you need to tweak or change something.

see my pic has transparency around it. I know its alot smaller than yours.
    [​IMG]
    When I first added this pic it has black on the sides still but at that time noone new how to make Froyo's shade transparent, I guess know its been done. So it should work for you if add the transparent part first then paste your pic on it. I didn't layer mine.
    [​IMG]
    Hope this will help show I think that part will be very possible and should be relatively easy :)
  8. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

props on the idea on the pulldown shade..it looks awesome
  9. Vazguard

Vazguard New Member

Thanks for all the help everyone! I really appreciate it. Hopefully this design will work out the way I want it to.
  10. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

If you make the .9 file correctly, you should be able to make that mock a reality. Give or take a few dimensions or spacing.
  11. Vazguard

Vazguard New Member

Thanks for the tips. I am sifting through a few different dissected themes and learning as I go. From what I've seen comparing these to a stock design, these ideas should be possible.
Search tags for this page

ajava poughkeepsie