Question..please advise.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have been learning alot from you guys, and wanted to say the forum is awesome, and everyone is very knoledgeable. I'll be sticking around to learn from you all.

Now to my question...I have a unrooted droid 2 global and it is about 2 months old. I do not know why, but sometimes it gets slow and ends up around 60/70 mb of free ram which I believe to be the problem. I am reallly interested in learning a way (without rooting) that I can "freeze" (not delete) the bloatware apps that came on the phone as I don't use them and they are irritating. I do not want to root because of my warranty and ability to get OTA updates. I looked at titanium backup? But you have to be rooted. Can someone please help me out here?

Thanks in advance!

sent from my droid 2 global using droidforums app

tb110895

Reaction score
I don't think you can freeze apps without root.
If you did root you can still get OTA's, it will just unroot you.

I'll look around for you

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
I'm pretty sure there is no way to freeze apps without root. You need access to certain files inside of the phone that aren't available without superuser (AKA root) privileges. You can use JuiceDefender from the Market to keep apps from using memory, but I'm not sure how far the app can go without root to truly 'freeze' an app. It's worth a shot, there is a free version on the Market if I'm not mistaken.