Question ONLY for those who say android Does Not Need task killer...

Fonzz

Reaction score
I have had advanced task killer on my phone forever. I play a game called Raging Thunder online with my phone alot. The game freezes up often. I use the task killer to end it, otherwise, when I try to start it again, I get a blank screen or the frozen still frame it last displayed.
After seeing so many members tell others it was not needed, I decided to un-install it. I have the new 2.2 and was still having it freeze occasionally so I thought I'd try it without the task killer on the phone. (I'm running my droid 1 stock BTW)
So the first time the darn game freezes, I go to start it again, blank screen. :icon_evil:
I look around for another way to end it without re-booting the phone. I go to settings, applications, running services and I don't see it there. I proceed to click on some things I see there but I don't kill anything cause the couple things I click on warn of bad things happening with services I do recognize, like weather etc...Then all of a sudden my phone is frozen; had to do a battery pull. I think that's only the 2nd time I ever been forced to do that in 9 months of ownership.
Please enlighten me about another method that's equally as fast as clicking the old TK & ending the program, then promptly re-starting it to play again.
I'm waiting for the answer that works. If I don't get an answer that works for me, I'm re-installing the task killer.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Sounds like your game is the problem, not Android and its memory management.

Shelooga

Reaction score
Yea any game that freezes over and over with or without a task manager sounds like garbage or sega.

freeball it baby, froyo does the work

azpilot

Reaction score
To me it sounds like the real issue is the game freezing to start with. Since I doubt the task killer is causing this but is being used to clean up after the fact, sounds like the game is the actual problem here.

OP
Fonzz

Fonzz

Reaction score

Thank you for your prompt comment, however I'm looking for a solution.
The game stays even if it means I have to have a task killer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your prompt comment, however I'm looking for a solution.
The game stays even if it means I have to have a task killer.

Good luck. I understand task killers are not working well with froyo.

I'd email the developer.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Sounds like me trying to come to terms with the minute plus load times on Crash Bandicoot PS2 game. :D

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also have Raging Thunder on stock Froyo with no Task Killer. The game does not freeze and starts every time without a blank screen. Maybe some app is in conflict with it.

christianpeso

Reaction score
Use a task killer. Nothing wrong with having one loaded up on your phone. Its just that most people constantly kill apps which there is no need for. I keep mine for that occasional app that I want to force close. Not to close every app every 10 minutes by hitting the widget.

OP
Fonzz

Fonzz

Reaction score

This

ten chars

I have no idea what your saying.

Good luck. I understand task killers are not working well with froyo.

I'd email the developer.

I don't see an "email" addy but I did send a support message:

Hello,

I have the paid version of Raging Thunder 2 on my moto Droid 1 and I now have the new 2.2 upgrade.
I have been having issues with the game freezing up before and still with the new 2.2.
I actually started a thread here, check it out and please advise.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...oid-does-not-need-task-killer.html#post755977
I'm anxiously waiting your response.

You could just get a task killer...nobody is prohibiting that.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

↑ useless reply ↑

I also have Raging Thunder on stock Froyo with no Task Killer. The game does not freeze and starts every time without a blank screen. Maybe some app is in conflict with it.

I'm jealous! It would be nice to know why/what, if I can't get an answer, task killer goes back...

Should I try un-installing and then re-installing the game?
Also, I think many, many others may be having the same problem with this game judging by the comments during game play and the number of racers who "retire" during a race for no reason, even when they're leading, so re-install probably won't work IMO.

OP
Fonzz

Fonzz

Reaction score
I forgot to add, it does not matter if I'm on wi-fi or 3g.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Sounds like your device could be switching from 3g to 1x which could cause the lock up from time to time. Make sure your 3 g coverage is good. otherwise use wifi. If it is only happening with this one game that requires data, try clearing out the games cache in Managed Apps settings. Otherwise, I have to agree it may be the app itself. Reinstall it, and restore your settings with titanium