1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

question on the 0.99.1b recovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by eg92b16a2, Feb 10, 2010.

1. eg92b16a2

eg92b16a2 New Member

I just did the How-to: Install bugless beast for noobs and the phone works great. The only thing that is acting weird is i can not send any email thru the gmail app. I can still receive thou and all my calender and contacts still sync. The regular email app can send and receive. I am hoping I didn't miss something while rooting.

I have used the nandroid backup twice and still no go with the gmail app sending.

I did notice that while in sprecovery on top of the screen it says 0.99.1b. Is that right? I redid the bugless install and still notice that it says 0.99.1b on top of the screen when I am in recovery even after I follow these steps. and get no errors.

16. Go to the marketplace and download Terminal Emulator.

17. Open Terminal Emulator and type
    "su" press enter and allow
    "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.2b.img"
    "reboot recovery"
    Has anybody ran into this problem before or is it fine? My droid is rooted and am running bb right now at 950 mhz oc. Everything else works fine but the gmail email app and the suspicious 0.99.1b that is display when I go into recovery.

Thanks for all the help so far my droid blows my wifes out of the water with it not lagging.:)
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Well...you should have the latest version to just be safe.....its 0.99.3b
  3. eg92b16a2

eg92b16a2 New Member

How do I upgrade to 0.99.3b from what I am on now?
  4. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

For some reason that link doesn't work, but thanks for mentioning my thread. For the OP, that thread is the second link in my signature, steps 9-21
  6. eg92b16a2

eg92b16a2 New Member

i upgraded to 0.99.3b and now when I go into sprecovery it says 0.99.3b on top.
    i wanted to upgrade the bb7.2 to bb7.5 and did the instructions to copy the new update.zip to the root of my droid.

In Recovery. Navigate to install then select Allow update.zip installation then Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated).

I get
    e:update.zip install blocked
    installation aborted

Everything else is working fine but I can not upgrade to bb7.5 after i updated to 0.99.3b sprecovery.

Did I mess up something?

any help?
  7. eg92b16a2

eg92b16a2 New Member

Never mind got it finally to work i guess on the new 0.99.3b recovery there is an option to allow updated.zip to install and then select install update.zip(decaperated) and now I am on the latest bb and up to 1000 on the oc.. nice thanks for everybody that has helped me with my problems.
  8. loop4zil

loop4zil New Member

So I am using recovery-0.99.2.img...any reason I need to move to recovery-0.99.3.img?
  9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Not really.....
  10. loop4zil

loop4zil New Member

Ok...cool. I heard it 3 was faster...but it already does its thing pretty fast
  11. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Another way to get to .99.3b is by downloading Adamz Smoked Glass v4.1. Do a check for recovery on the restore and it's that simple. No commands to enter
Search tags for this page

err:1b,00,02,00,00