Question on my new motorola droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by scottyc755, Jul 9, 2010.

1. scottyc755

scottyc755 New Member

So i just got the droid, and im trying to find out the best way to keep a good battery. I have had it plugged in all night and day so far, is that going to hurt it any? and just trying to find out the best things to do to keep my droid running fast and keep good battery
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. We probably have more threads on battery use then anything else.

First, your battery cannot be overcharged. There is also no need to fully discharge your battery you can charge it whenever you please.

Second, this battery is being used in a high tech smart phone. Do not expect long battery life. There are little things you can do like turn down the display, turn off bluetooth, don't use wifi that some will recommend but it is my experience that no matter what you do, the affect on the battery is minimal.

So what I'm telling you is your best bet is to invest in one or two spare batteries. You can get them real cheap on Amazon. Use a dock for your Droid on your desk and have a charger plugged into it when not in use. If you use it in the car, get a car charger. Also pick up one of those cheap wall chargers on ebay to recharge your spare battery.

I usually switch my battery once a day, and I do charge them in between. I use mine mostly at night and I go from 100% around 6:00 pm to around 20% by 10:00 pm. I do use it constantly during that time.

Make sure you check out our FAQ section and if you need help finding someting ask, we will point you in the right direction.
  3. scottyc755

scottyc755 New Member

thanks, that helps out. I was just worried cuz i have been playing with it all day while its on the charger, didnt know if it would wreck the battery or not
Search tags for this page

android milestone charges when plugged in but is discharged the next day

is it ok to leave my motorola electrify m phone plugged in o
should i keep droid dna plugged in